Dereham IBC hosts county women’s finals
- Credit: James Bass
Dereham IBC held the Norfolk County Women's Indoor Bowling Association's County Finals last Sunday which were very well supported.
In the singles Dereham's Janet Newell lost narrowly 21-19 to Jayne Roylance of North Walsham.
The pairs was won by Norfolk BC who beat Gallow 17-8 while in the triples, Norfolk BC had more success, beating Gallow 20-3. The fours was won by Acle BC who in a tight game beat County Arts 20-18.
The hosts contributed to the success of the day by making tea, coffee and helping with the buffet.
The club would like to run a short mat club on a Sunday afternoons from 2 to 4pm, but need a volunteer. If you have the time contact Terry on 01362 525042 after 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, May 13, from 10am to 12 noon, a new six week learners' course will start. The course is run by EBCS coaches. Contact Terry for more information on the number above.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards