Dereham II have last laugh
Market Deeping 2, Dereham II 3DEREHAM continued their East Men's Hockey League Division Two promotion push with their third consecutive away victory.
Market Deeping 2, Dereham II 3
DEREHAM continued their East Men's Hockey League Division Two promotion push with their third consecutive away victory.
Dereham dominated the early exchanges but couldn't find the back of the net until the most bizarre opener.
Mark Braybrook slashed a wild clearance from in front of his keeper which flew like a bullet over the heads of both teams into the opposition circle. There Ian Gibb, in attempting to control the ball, got the thinnest of edges past a bemused keeper.
You may also want to watch:
For the second week in a row Peter Hazell in defence forgot that Dereham were in their away white shirts and passed the ball to the red-shirted opposition striker in front of an unguarded goal to gift Deeping an equaliser. To make things worse keeper Phil Kerridge then bounced over the ball attempting to make a diving save from a short corner meaning Dereham were behind at half-time for only the second time this season.
They camped in the Deeping half for the next 35 minutes and goals came from Mark Braybrook and Martin Sexton from short corners.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 7 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
- 8 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 9 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 10 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?