Dereham II have last laugh
Market Deeping 2, Dereham II 3DEREHAM continued their East Men's Hockey League Division Two promotion push with their third consecutive away victory.
Market Deeping 2, Dereham II 3
DEREHAM continued their East Men's Hockey League Division Two promotion push with their third consecutive away victory.
Dereham dominated the early exchanges but couldn't find the back of the net until the most bizarre opener.
Mark Braybrook slashed a wild clearance from in front of his keeper which flew like a bullet over the heads of both teams into the opposition circle. There Ian Gibb, in attempting to control the ball, got the thinnest of edges past a bemused keeper.
For the second week in a row Peter Hazell in defence forgot that Dereham were in their away white shirts and passed the ball to the red-shirted opposition striker in front of an unguarded goal to gift Deeping an equaliser. To make things worse keeper Phil Kerridge then bounced over the ball attempting to make a diving save from a short corner meaning Dereham were behind at half-time for only the second time this season.
They camped in the Deeping half for the next 35 minutes and goals came from Mark Braybrook and Martin Sexton from short corners.
- 1 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 2 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?