Dereham II have last laugh
Market Deeping 2, Dereham II 3DEREHAM continued their East Men's Hockey League Division Two promotion push with their third consecutive away victory.
Market Deeping 2, Dereham II 3
DEREHAM continued their East Men's Hockey League Division Two promotion push with their third consecutive away victory.
Dereham dominated the early exchanges but couldn't find the back of the net until the most bizarre opener.
Mark Braybrook slashed a wild clearance from in front of his keeper which flew like a bullet over the heads of both teams into the opposition circle. There Ian Gibb, in attempting to control the ball, got the thinnest of edges past a bemused keeper.
You may also want to watch:
For the second week in a row Peter Hazell in defence forgot that Dereham were in their away white shirts and passed the ball to the red-shirted opposition striker in front of an unguarded goal to gift Deeping an equaliser. To make things worse keeper Phil Kerridge then bounced over the ball attempting to make a diving save from a short corner meaning Dereham were behind at half-time for only the second time this season.
They camped in the Deeping half for the next 35 minutes and goals came from Mark Braybrook and Martin Sexton from short corners.
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 4 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 5 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 8 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk