Dereham juniors impress new professional
GOLF: Dereham Golf Club's junior members continued the 2011 season in the sunshine by playing for the Easter Trophy, sponsored by Michael Blanks. Simon Chisholm of Gressenhall Post Office & Stores donated an Easter egg for each player.
The 18 holes competition saw some excellent scores with George Bedwell taking his first 18 holes title with a net 64 (92-28-64), closely followed by Will Cross (75-9-66) and Jamie Beeby (73-5-68 ocb).
Prizes were presented by new club professional, Duncan Abbott, who joined the Dereham Golf Club this week.
The nine holes competition was well supported with all top three players scoring net 39.
Josh Goodwins won on count-back to Callum Turner and Elliott Daniells took third.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a five holes competition which saw Harry Bush take his second title in a row. Harry will now progress to the nine holes competition.
The junior season continues with the Steve Jack Trophies on Monday, May 2 at 1pm.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
The pictures show: Junior Five Hole Competition (left to right): Miles Blake, Harry Bush, Maisie Farrelly, Michael Blanks, Charlotte Chisholm and Simon Chisholm
Junior Nine Hole Competition (left to right): Michael Blanks, Callum Turner, Elliott Daniells and Josh Goodwins.
Junior 18 Hole Competition (left to right): Jamie Beeby, Professional Duncan Abbott, George Bedwell and Will Cross.