Dereham juniors impress new professional
GOLF: Dereham Golf Club's junior members continued the 2011 season in the sunshine by playing for the Easter Trophy, sponsored by Michael Blanks. Simon Chisholm of Gressenhall Post Office & Stores donated an Easter egg for each player.
The 18 holes competition saw some excellent scores with George Bedwell taking his first 18 holes title with a net 64 (92-28-64), closely followed by Will Cross (75-9-66) and Jamie Beeby (73-5-68 ocb).
Prizes were presented by new club professional, Duncan Abbott, who joined the Dereham Golf Club this week.
The nine holes competition was well supported with all top three players scoring net 39.
Josh Goodwins won on count-back to Callum Turner and Elliott Daniells took third.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a five holes competition which saw Harry Bush take his second title in a row. Harry will now progress to the nine holes competition.
The junior season continues with the Steve Jack Trophies on Monday, May 2 at 1pm.
- 1 Youths scale roof in Norfolk town centre
- 2 Man in court charged with murder of his wife
- 3 Your Say - The best places to eat and drink in Dereham
- 4 Restoration work begins on 500-year-old cottage
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Man appears in court over murder of woman, 37
- 7 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 'She was so warm' - Daughter's tribute to town's oldest resident
- 10 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
The pictures show: Junior Five Hole Competition (left to right): Miles Blake, Harry Bush, Maisie Farrelly, Michael Blanks, Charlotte Chisholm and Simon Chisholm
Junior Nine Hole Competition (left to right): Michael Blanks, Callum Turner, Elliott Daniells and Josh Goodwins.
Junior 18 Hole Competition (left to right): Jamie Beeby, Professional Duncan Abbott, George Bedwell and Will Cross.