Dereham juniors make their mark at Norfolk Athletics Championships
- Credit: Archant
Some Dereham juniors were out at the weekend representing their schools and colleges in the Norfolk County Schools Championships which were held at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich.
Although a very hot day, the blustery winds made some events more difficult.
U15 Girls: Beth Barrett ran a season best time of 29.8 in her heat in the 200m and ran a time of 30.4 in the final. Erin Mcnulty came fourth in the 800m with a time of 2.41.2 and later in the long jump coming in 4th with a distance of 3.95m.
U20 Men: Nathan Protheroe jumped a distance of 5.70m in the long jump.
U17 Girls: Ellie Foster came second in the 800m with a season's best time of 2.29.0 and sister Abi Foster came first in the 300m hurdles with 56.3.
You may also want to watch:
Next up is Anglian Schools at Cambridge where Abi (300m hurdles), Ellie (800m) and Nathan (110m hurdles) have been picked to represent Norfolk.
The previous week saw six juniors travel to Cambridge to compete in the EYAL.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 6 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 9 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
- 10 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
In the U13 boys Bradley Sumner ran 16.5 in the 100m and in the shot put threw 4.28m, Louis Preston ran 16.4 in the 100m and in the 800m got a time of 3.16.5 and he threw a distance of 16.31m in the javelin, which was a personal best.
In the U15 girls Erin McNulty recorded a distance of 3.80m in the long jump, coming third, and picked up another third place in the 800m with a time of 2.42.9. Beth Barrett ran 30.1 in the 200m and came third in the 75m hurdles with a time of 13.1.
In the U17 girls Abi Foster ran in the 300m where she came third with a time 49.1 and Ellie Foster also came third in her event, the 1,500m, with a time of 5.25.4.
Meanwhile North Norfolk Beach Runners were represented at the Alex Moore Memorial relay at Skeyton at the weekend.
The NNBR Ladies Masters team, comprising Annette Boreham, Rachel Robson and Karen Balcome clocked 1.51.19 for 11th place in category, while the NNBR Ladies Senior team made up of Shelley Burton, Emma Alright and Katherine Wright went even faster, at 1.44.16 for fifth place in category.
The NNBR contingent was completed by the Jen Hamilton Emery, Vicky Las, Becky Garratt Ladies' Senior combination who went the distance in 2.03.29 for ninth place.