Dereham Ladies in four-team battle for title
Dereham Ladies 3, Cambridge Uni 0In spite of absences and injuries Dereham won 3-0 to stay top of the East Premier League.Dereham defended superbly against bottom of the league Cambridge and Jess Perser in goal hardly touched the ball.
Dereham Ladies 3, Cambridge Uni 0
In spite of absences and injuries Dereham won 3-0 to stay top of the East Premier League.
Dereham defended superbly against bottom of the league Cambridge and Jess Perser in goal hardly touched the ball. Dereham's forwards Evie Gardner Hannah Palmer and Holly Allen ran riot through Cambridge's defence and each scored a goal.
Gemma Nicholls in centre midfield controlled the game well and Georgie Edwards played well.
You may also want to watch:
Chloe Hobson in centre defence coordinated the back four with skill and made sure that the Cambridge attack was always blunted.
The season is coming down to a four-way shoot-out between Dereham, Holcombe, Canterbury and Maidstone.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
In East Men's Hockey League Premier A, Dereham's search for their first points of the season goes on after the conceded two late goals against former National League outfit City of Peterborough.
Rob Turner went close for Dereham in the first half while Sam Plater and Will Edwards did likewise after the break.
Peterborough broke the deadlock eight minutes from time through a short corner.
Keeper Tom Vaughan kept out the first shot, but the rebound fell to a Peterborough forward who was able to push the ball home.
With little time left, Dereham pushed for an equaliser, but were caught on the counter attack as Peterborough made it 2-0.