Dereham Ladies play well in defeat
Horsham 2, Dereham Ladies 1
HOCKEY: Dereham Ladies were the only Norfolk team to beat the big freeze at the weekend, with their trip to Sussex to face Horsham in the East League Conference getting the going ahead.
The strugglers slipped to their 10th straight defeat of the season, but they were only beaten 2-1 and gave a good account of themselves before succumbing to the league's fifth-placed side, who had hammered them 6-0 at Dereham earlier in the season.
Goals from Stephanie Dent and Fran Crossley (penalty stroke) put the hosts 2-0 up at the break but Dereham pulled one back in the 47th minute through Georgie Edwards to set up an interesting conclusion.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors couldn't find an equaliser which would have given them their first point since promotion, but had the consolation of knowing they had pushed their opponents close.
The only action in the East League came in Essex and Hertfordshire, while the entire M+A Partners Norfolk League programme was wiped out.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland