Dereham Ladies play well in defeat
Horsham 2, Dereham Ladies 1
HOCKEY: Dereham Ladies were the only Norfolk team to beat the big freeze at the weekend, with their trip to Sussex to face Horsham in the East League Conference getting the going ahead.
The strugglers slipped to their 10th straight defeat of the season, but they were only beaten 2-1 and gave a good account of themselves before succumbing to the league's fifth-placed side, who had hammered them 6-0 at Dereham earlier in the season.
Goals from Stephanie Dent and Fran Crossley (penalty stroke) put the hosts 2-0 up at the break but Dereham pulled one back in the 47th minute through Georgie Edwards to set up an interesting conclusion.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors couldn't find an equaliser which would have given them their first point since promotion, but had the consolation of knowing they had pushed their opponents close.
The only action in the East League came in Essex and Hertfordshire, while the entire M+A Partners Norfolk League programme was wiped out.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 5 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 6 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences