Dereham on a good run
Dereham moved up to second place in Norfolk Alliance Division Two after beating morning leaders Beccles by 56 runs at Norwich Road.Dereham are now within one point of new leaders Hales, their winning run extended to three games.
Dereham moved up to second place in Norfolk Alliance Division Two after beating morning leaders Beccles by 56 runs at Norwich Road.
Dereham are now within one point of new leaders Hales, their winning run extended to three games.
The hosts were put into bat and openers Duncan Hewitt and Ricky Forder compiled a half-century partnership. Forder, making his second Dereham debut after returning to the club where he started as a youth player, made 13 before he was the first man to go, the score 58.
Hewitt and Tom Wallace took the score up to 82 before Hewitt was dismissed five runs short of his half-century.
You may also want to watch:
Wallace went on to make 29 and there were also useful contributions from fellow youngsters Jake Anema (34) and Lee Hoggett (27) as Dereham were bowled out for 191 in the final over.
Kristien Fletcher struck two crucial early blows for Dereham as he removed both Porter brothers for single-figure scores to leave the visitors on 38 for two.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
Skipper Joe Marczewski introduced himself into the attack and took a wicket with his very first ball, trapping Vihm lbw. Gary Starling finally received some reward for an excellent spell when, in his ninth over, he had visiting skipper Sydenham caught behind to make it 69 for four.
Starling's next over swung the game firmly in Dereham's favour as he produced a double-wicket maiden, and Nic Cains and Anema took a wicket apiece to keep the hosts in charge.
Anderson remained Beccles' last hope of victory and he deposited Marczewski for six, before being caught by Fletcher off Anema for 27 with the score on 132.
Marczewski wrapped up victory by having the last man caught by Hewitt as Beccles were all out for 135 in the 37th over.
On Saturday, Dereham travel to Swardeston B, who are third.