Dereham on a good run
Dereham moved up to second place in Norfolk Alliance Division Two after beating morning leaders Beccles by 56 runs at Norwich Road.Dereham are now within one point of new leaders Hales, their winning run extended to three games.
Dereham moved up to second place in Norfolk Alliance Division Two after beating morning leaders Beccles by 56 runs at Norwich Road.
Dereham are now within one point of new leaders Hales, their winning run extended to three games.
The hosts were put into bat and openers Duncan Hewitt and Ricky Forder compiled a half-century partnership. Forder, making his second Dereham debut after returning to the club where he started as a youth player, made 13 before he was the first man to go, the score 58.
Hewitt and Tom Wallace took the score up to 82 before Hewitt was dismissed five runs short of his half-century.
You may also want to watch:
Wallace went on to make 29 and there were also useful contributions from fellow youngsters Jake Anema (34) and Lee Hoggett (27) as Dereham were bowled out for 191 in the final over.
Kristien Fletcher struck two crucial early blows for Dereham as he removed both Porter brothers for single-figure scores to leave the visitors on 38 for two.
- 1 Step in the right direction for neglected footpath
- 2 Sir David Attenborough praises Dereham school’s eco achievements
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Armed forces to be honoured in council ceremony
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Norfolk council agrees to go smoke free at headquarters
- 8 Your Say: Will Dereham locals go on holiday abroad this summer?
- 9 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
- 10 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
Skipper Joe Marczewski introduced himself into the attack and took a wicket with his very first ball, trapping Vihm lbw. Gary Starling finally received some reward for an excellent spell when, in his ninth over, he had visiting skipper Sydenham caught behind to make it 69 for four.
Starling's next over swung the game firmly in Dereham's favour as he produced a double-wicket maiden, and Nic Cains and Anema took a wicket apiece to keep the hosts in charge.
Anderson remained Beccles' last hope of victory and he deposited Marczewski for six, before being caught by Fletcher off Anema for 27 with the score on 132.
Marczewski wrapped up victory by having the last man caught by Hewitt as Beccles were all out for 135 in the 37th over.
On Saturday, Dereham travel to Swardeston B, who are third.