Dereham road race Sunday
Dereham Runners Club are holding their annual 10-mile road race on Sunday, starting at 11am.The route starts and finishes at the Neatherd High School running out along the old A47.
Dereham Runners Club are holding their annual 10-mile road race on Sunday, starting at 11am.
The route starts and finishes at the Neatherd High School running out along the old A47. Come out in support of all who take part, and if you would like to assist the club on the day contact race organiser Neville Knights via http://www.derehamrunners.co.uk/index.htm
The Grand East Anglian Run was held at King's Lynn, a 10k town centre race featuring over 1,600 entries, from fun runners to more serious club runners.
In an excellent performance, Todd Lake was the first Dereham Runner homefinishing 71st overall, chip timed at 39:58 and another pb. Matt Plunkett followed in 180th, 43:52, Katie Coss 486th in 49:55, Orla Jupp 549th in 50:56, Martin Stowger 712th in 53:51, and Janice Moore 794th in 54:37.
You may also want to watch:
Emma was placed 210th overall with a chip time of 44:28, and was congratulated by Linford Christie at the presentation ceremony.
Emma, along with John Richardson, took part in the Breckland 10k on the following day - a race not quite supported in the same way as the King's Lynn, but it still required a good effort against a fairly strong wind. Emma was placed 108th in 45:24 with John 181st in 51:17.
- 1 Step in the right direction for neglected footpath
- 2 Sir David Attenborough praises Dereham school’s eco achievements
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Armed forces to be honoured in council ceremony
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Norfolk council agrees to go smoke free at headquarters
- 8 Your Say: Will Dereham locals go on holiday abroad this summer?
- 9 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
- 10 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise