Dereham Runners feature in City of Norwich Lord Mayor’s 5k Classic
Dereham Runners featured in the City of Norwich Lord Mayor's 5k Classic on Saturday.
The race was held through the centre of the city and runners have to be able to complete within 20 minutes due to the following show.
There were two excellent performances from the club, Antony James-Orekogbe placed 43rd in 18:05.9 and Steven Rix 58th 18:52.9 PB. There were 84 finishers.
The Ryston Runners Hancock five-mile was held on Thursday. Gill Woodhouse was first home for the club in 57th place (44:11) also first in class 55+, next was Hazel Cason 73rd in 51:50 and Diane Renshaw 80th (56:19).
There are only 10 days to go before the Dereham Town 5k being held on Sunday, July 22. Entries are still available and open to all abilities over the age of 14. For entry details see the club's website www.derehamrunners.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Any unsold places will become available on the day with registration opening from 7.15am at HQ opposite the Leisure Centre.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards