Dereham Runners in cross country action at Shouldham Warren
Dereham Runners AC had members attending many different events at the weekend.
At the first Ryston Runners Cross Country 5k race held at Shouldham Warren, in excellent conditions Sean Atterwill finished second overall and first junior man in 16:06. Clive Steward was first vet50 in 19:27, followed by Neville Knights 20.35 fourth vet50, Andy Norton 22.47 18th vet45, John Richardson 26.25 14th vet55, Kareana Symonds 28.59 13th senior lady and Hazel Cason 29.26 seventh vet55.
Five junior runners also took part, in the U9 Boys 800m race Jenson Devlin was 26th in 3.53, Memphis Symonds (U9 Girls) was 11th in 3.55, and in the U11 class Harry Monument came 23rd in 12:33.
Freya Biles (U13) was third in 13:14, and for the boys Tate Devlin was eighth in class 13:03.
The next round is on Sunday, November 18.
You may also want to watch:
The Perkins Great Eastern Run, held at Peterborough over the half marathon distance, had Steven Rix as the first Dereham runner home in 1:35:02, 900th overall, Michael Jewiss 1:04:51/921st, and David Haines 1:23:12/ 2049th.
Gary Zoller went over to Jersey for the marathon and finished 67th in 3:18:01 with 429 finishers.
- 1 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 6 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 7 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 8 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut