Dereham Runners on the pace
DEREHAM Runners have been busy.In the Valentine's Day 10k their first Runner home, Paul Harrison, was 55th in 43:51, followed by John Richardson (126th, 52:17), Mike Jewiss (129th, 52:23) and Matt Plunkett (150th, 54:45).
DEREHAM Runners have been busy.
In the Valentine's Day 10k their first Runner home, Paul Harrison, was 55th in 43:51, followed by John Richardson (126th, 52:17), Mike Jewiss (129th, 52:23) and Matt Plunkett (150th, 54:45).
Matt arrived late and despite giving the whole field a 10-minute start, he overtook the last 68 runners of a total of 218 finishers.
It was also the fifth round of the Ryston XC Championship 9k race, with Andy Norton (40:47), and Anthony Barstard (41:44) both coming seventh in their respective classes.
In the ladies' class, Anita Cullen (50:54) was the first Dereham Runner home, followed by Hazel Cason in 58:16.
Neville Knights entered the Stamford 30k, which attracts many good club runners who use it as a build-up to a spring marathon.
- 1 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 8 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 9 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
In cold dry conditions, he was placed 160th in a time of 139:18.