Dereham Runners quartet shine at Norfolk Sportshall League County Championships
The Norfolk Sportshall League County Championships took place recently at the UEA Sportspark, with four Dereham Runners Juniors taking part.
Freya Biles, Sam Hixson and Caoimhe Cullen contested the U13 Girls events.
All three girls performed well and enjoyed the experience of their first County Championship competition.
William Moore competed in his last County Championships in the U15 Boys category, winning three County Gold medals on the day.
He has also been picked for the Norfolk team at the forthcoming Regional Finals on February 4, together with his Dereham team-mate Ashley Jarvis, who was unable to attend the County Championships due to injury.
You may also want to watch:
Freya Biles: 2 Lap – 27.3, S Bounce – 74, Shot – 5.44m, 2 Lap Hurdles – 28.1.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
Sam Hixson: 2 Lap – 32.0, V Jump – 28 (PB), T Jump – 4.26 (PB), 2 Lap Hurdles – 33.8.
Caoimhe Cullen: 2 Lap – 27.4 (PB), L Jump – 1.88, T Jump – 5.33 (PB), 2 Lap Hurdles – 28.5
William Moore: 2 Lap – 23.5, L Jump – 2.53 (1st), T Jump – 7.71 (PB and 1st place), Shot – 12.13 (PB and 1st place).
Dereham Runners Juniors currently meet on Monday evenings for circuit training at Dereham Northgate High School from 6.30pm to 8pm, and Thursday evenings at Dereham Neatherd High School for indoor and outdoor training from 6.30pm to 8pm.
Contact Garry on 01362 697979 for more information.