Dereham and Gorleston agree late switch for friendly
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town have moved quickly to ensure fans get to see games at their home ground by agreeing a venue switch for their latest pre-season friendly this weekend.
The Magpies will host Thurlow Nunn Premier Division Gorleston (3pm kick-off) on Saturday.
This follows Wednesday’s announcement regarding fans being allowed back into grounds below the National League level.
Clubs need to host a home game, before August 30, with entry allowed for a number not exceeding 15pc of their capacity to be eligible to raise that to 30pc after the end of the month. Dereham didn’t have a home game scheduled – but Gorleston have agreed to the late swap.
“We thank Gorleston for their co-operation and help with this switch at late notice,” said a club spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham are expected to release further information regarding fans’ attendance on Friday.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 7 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 8 Former Hollywood Cinema boss becomes award-winning carer
- 9 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today