Dereham and Gorleston agree late switch for friendly
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town have moved quickly to ensure fans get to see games at their home ground by agreeing a venue switch for their latest pre-season friendly this weekend.
The Magpies will host Thurlow Nunn Premier Division Gorleston (3pm kick-off) on Saturday.
This follows Wednesday’s announcement regarding fans being allowed back into grounds below the National League level.
Clubs need to host a home game, before August 30, with entry allowed for a number not exceeding 15pc of their capacity to be eligible to raise that to 30pc after the end of the month. Dereham didn’t have a home game scheduled – but Gorleston have agreed to the late swap.
“We thank Gorleston for their co-operation and help with this switch at late notice,” said a club spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham are expected to release further information regarding fans’ attendance on Friday.
- 1 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 2 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12
- 3 Which Dereham pubs are reopening outdoors in April?
- 4 Thieves stole roof tiles and threw them away nearby
- 5 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 6 Farmhouse set in 9.4 acres of unspoilt Norfolk countryside is for sale
- 7 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 8 Robert Fleck among those to pay tribute to Norwich man with 'heart of gold'
- 9 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 10 Norfolk pub recognised in Sky competition for work during pandemic