Dereham and Gorleston agree late switch for friendly
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town have moved quickly to ensure fans get to see games at their home ground by agreeing a venue switch for their latest pre-season friendly this weekend.
The Magpies will host Thurlow Nunn Premier Division Gorleston (3pm kick-off) on Saturday.
This follows Wednesday’s announcement regarding fans being allowed back into grounds below the National League level.
Clubs need to host a home game, before August 30, with entry allowed for a number not exceeding 15pc of their capacity to be eligible to raise that to 30pc after the end of the month. Dereham didn’t have a home game scheduled – but Gorleston have agreed to the late swap.
“We thank Gorleston for their co-operation and help with this switch at late notice,” said a club spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham are expected to release further information regarding fans’ attendance on Friday.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 9 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 10 Fire crews battling large house blaze