Dereham Taverners finish season with four trophies
- Credit: PA
Dereham Taverners concluded their successful season by winning the Ben Smith Memorial Cup final at Aldiss Park.
After falling behind to an early Tacolneston goal, they regrouped after the break and it was no surprise when Chris Fuller netted the equaliser from close range following Sam Brien's free-kick in the 70th minute.
Fuller volleyed home the winner from Matt Barden's superb cross five minutes later to secure the Dereham pub's fourth trophy of the season.
Tacolneston are this season's champions in the Central and South Norfolk League sponsored by Barnes Print.
Only Morley Village could catch them but they went down to a 2-0 home defeat to Marham Wanderers. Tacolneston thereby won tht title for the first time in 35 years and Morley were runners-up in their first season back in the top flight. Billingford and Rockland ended with a goalless draw.
You may also want to watch:
Bowls: Dereham Indoor Bowls Club, which is based at the Station Road Leisure Centre, are holding a six week beginners' course.
It starts on Saturday, May 13 (10am to 12). All equipment is supplied and families are welcome.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
Contact Terry on 01362 525042 after 7pm for more details.