Dereham Taverners finish season with four trophies
- Credit: PA
Dereham Taverners concluded their successful season by winning the Ben Smith Memorial Cup final at Aldiss Park.
After falling behind to an early Tacolneston goal, they regrouped after the break and it was no surprise when Chris Fuller netted the equaliser from close range following Sam Brien's free-kick in the 70th minute.
Fuller volleyed home the winner from Matt Barden's superb cross five minutes later to secure the Dereham pub's fourth trophy of the season.
Tacolneston are this season's champions in the Central and South Norfolk League sponsored by Barnes Print.
Only Morley Village could catch them but they went down to a 2-0 home defeat to Marham Wanderers. Tacolneston thereby won tht title for the first time in 35 years and Morley were runners-up in their first season back in the top flight. Billingford and Rockland ended with a goalless draw.
You may also want to watch:
Bowls: Dereham Indoor Bowls Club, which is based at the Station Road Leisure Centre, are holding a six week beginners' course.
It starts on Saturday, May 13 (10am to 12). All equipment is supplied and families are welcome.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
Contact Terry on 01362 525042 after 7pm for more details.