Dereham Taverners finish season with four trophies
- Credit: PA
Dereham Taverners concluded their successful season by winning the Ben Smith Memorial Cup final at Aldiss Park.
After falling behind to an early Tacolneston goal, they regrouped after the break and it was no surprise when Chris Fuller netted the equaliser from close range following Sam Brien's free-kick in the 70th minute.
Fuller volleyed home the winner from Matt Barden's superb cross five minutes later to secure the Dereham pub's fourth trophy of the season.
Tacolneston are this season's champions in the Central and South Norfolk League sponsored by Barnes Print.
Only Morley Village could catch them but they went down to a 2-0 home defeat to Marham Wanderers. Tacolneston thereby won tht title for the first time in 35 years and Morley were runners-up in their first season back in the top flight. Billingford and Rockland ended with a goalless draw.
You may also want to watch:
Bowls: Dereham Indoor Bowls Club, which is based at the Station Road Leisure Centre, are holding a six week beginners' course.
It starts on Saturday, May 13 (10am to 12). All equipment is supplied and families are welcome.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 9 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
Contact Terry on 01362 525042 after 7pm for more details.