Dereham Taverners finish season with four trophies
- Credit: PA
Dereham Taverners concluded their successful season by winning the Ben Smith Memorial Cup final at Aldiss Park.
After falling behind to an early Tacolneston goal, they regrouped after the break and it was no surprise when Chris Fuller netted the equaliser from close range following Sam Brien's free-kick in the 70th minute.
Fuller volleyed home the winner from Matt Barden's superb cross five minutes later to secure the Dereham pub's fourth trophy of the season.
Tacolneston are this season's champions in the Central and South Norfolk League sponsored by Barnes Print.
Only Morley Village could catch them but they went down to a 2-0 home defeat to Marham Wanderers. Tacolneston thereby won tht title for the first time in 35 years and Morley were runners-up in their first season back in the top flight. Billingford and Rockland ended with a goalless draw.
Bowls: Dereham Indoor Bowls Club, which is based at the Station Road Leisure Centre, are holding a six week beginners' course.
It starts on Saturday, May 13 (10am to 12). All equipment is supplied and families are welcome.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 4 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 5 Village pub to finally reopen after being shut for four years
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 8 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 9 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Contact Terry on 01362 525042 after 7pm for more details.