Dereham Town are forced to share the spoils in Norfolk Ryman League Division One North derby
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Norfolk rivals Dereham Town and Norwich United shared the spoils in their first Ryman League meeting at Aldiss Park.
The Planters, who have started their first season at a higher level in superb style, created a chance in the sixth minute when Liam Jackson turned and set up Tim Henery, but he fired wide when well placed.
Dereham won a series of corners and from the third Michael Sommerfield's far-post header was hacked off the line. But it was United who made the breakthrough three minutes after the break when Henery hammered home a superb drive.
The Magpies equalised in the 70th minute.
Danny Beaumont fed Adam Smith who threaded a great pass to Rhys Logan on the right, enabling him to move in on goal before beating former Dereham keeper Andy Wilton with a superb drive.
You may also want to watch:
The midweek result arrived off the back of Saturday's brave FA Cup exit to higher-level St Albans City.
The Magpies took the lead through Sommerfield, but Saints equalised and then netted a winner with five minutes left.
- 1 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 2 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 3 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 6 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 7 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 8 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique
- 9 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 10 'Exciting and adventurous' - How aboutDereham works for our community
Up next for Dereham are Division One North trips to AFC Hornchurch on Saturday and Witham Town on Tuesday.