Dereham Town Reserves claim comfortable victory
Dereham Tn Res 4, Stowmarket Res 0
Dereham leapt into a fourth minute lead when Ben Champion's deflected 20-yard drive struck the base of the post and Scott Woodgate was on hand to knock the loose ball home from close range.
Stowmarket keeper Chris Stacey was forced to make two saves, while. Woodgate had a header disallowed for offside and Elliott Colman ballooned the ball over the top when well placed following a surging run by Jack Wardale.
In the 20th minute a Colman drive took a double deflection before hitting a post as the young Magpies piled on the pressure. Dereham came close again when a Lee Moran cross-shot was stabbed over the bar by defender Craig Brown.
Soon after half-time Dereham increased their lead when Matt Niescierowicz ran through and neatly slotted home. It was 3-0 when Woodgate netted from close range. The Magpies were passing fluently and Nick Hook twice saw efforts sail over the top.
In the 70th minute Ben Champion scored Dereham's fourth.
The young Dereham side played some attractive football and were rewarded with a convincing victory.
- 1 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 2 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 3 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Drug dealing mother-of-five had ‘cocaine stuffed in bra’
- 6 Dereham school recognised for commitment to equality and diversity
- 7 Norfolk woman dies after being stung by wasp in Spain
- 8 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 9 Extra speed check camera vans to target Norfolk's 'village speeders'
- 10 Crash on A47 causes delays and bus disruption