Dereham Town Reserves claim comfortable victory
Dereham Tn Res 4, Stowmarket Res 0
Dereham leapt into a fourth minute lead when Ben Champion's deflected 20-yard drive struck the base of the post and Scott Woodgate was on hand to knock the loose ball home from close range.
Stowmarket keeper Chris Stacey was forced to make two saves, while. Woodgate had a header disallowed for offside and Elliott Colman ballooned the ball over the top when well placed following a surging run by Jack Wardale.
In the 20th minute a Colman drive took a double deflection before hitting a post as the young Magpies piled on the pressure. Dereham came close again when a Lee Moran cross-shot was stabbed over the bar by defender Craig Brown.
Soon after half-time Dereham increased their lead when Matt Niescierowicz ran through and neatly slotted home. It was 3-0 when Woodgate netted from close range. The Magpies were passing fluently and Nick Hook twice saw efforts sail over the top.
You may also want to watch:
In the 70th minute Ben Champion scored Dereham's fourth.
The young Dereham side played some attractive football and were rewarded with a convincing victory.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 4 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 5 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 6 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry
- 9 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences