Dereham Town Reserves claim comfortable victory
Dereham Tn Res 4, Stowmarket Res 0
Dereham leapt into a fourth minute lead when Ben Champion's deflected 20-yard drive struck the base of the post and Scott Woodgate was on hand to knock the loose ball home from close range.
Stowmarket keeper Chris Stacey was forced to make two saves, while. Woodgate had a header disallowed for offside and Elliott Colman ballooned the ball over the top when well placed following a surging run by Jack Wardale.
In the 20th minute a Colman drive took a double deflection before hitting a post as the young Magpies piled on the pressure. Dereham came close again when a Lee Moran cross-shot was stabbed over the bar by defender Craig Brown.
Soon after half-time Dereham increased their lead when Matt Niescierowicz ran through and neatly slotted home. It was 3-0 when Woodgate netted from close range. The Magpies were passing fluently and Nick Hook twice saw efforts sail over the top.
You may also want to watch:
In the 70th minute Ben Champion scored Dereham's fourth.
The young Dereham side played some attractive football and were rewarded with a convincing victory.
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 9 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
- 10 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?