Dereham Wanderers U16s enjoy upper hand
Dereham Wanderers Under-16s beat St Andrews 5-3 in an entertaining encounter.
Goals from Reece Pease (2), Archie Keen, James Varney and Matty Chapman opened up a six-point gap between Wanderers in fourth and East Coast in fifth.
Keen opened the scoring with a superb finish. The goal came from a wonderful delivery in from a corner by captain Pease and the leading scorer managed to find enough space in the box to stab the ball home. Keen now has an impressive 22 goals this season.
However some poor defending saw Dereham go 2-1 behind by half-time.
A couple of minutes after the restart a penalty was awarded to Wanderers, and Pease made no mistake from the spot.
You may also want to watch:
Another excellent delivery from the corner, this time from Keen saw Pease prod the ball home from close range to put Dereham in front.
Varney's first goal for the club, a neat finish from inside the area and Chapman's close range header sealed the win before a late penalty brought the score back to 5-3.
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town
n Bradenham Wanderers Reserves, who play in Anglian Combination Division Five, are looking for a manager.
Anyone interested should contact chairman Dale Brown on 07768767376 or 01603 880109.