Dereham Wanderers U16s enjoy upper hand
Dereham Wanderers Under-16s beat St Andrews 5-3 in an entertaining encounter.
Goals from Reece Pease (2), Archie Keen, James Varney and Matty Chapman opened up a six-point gap between Wanderers in fourth and East Coast in fifth.
Keen opened the scoring with a superb finish. The goal came from a wonderful delivery in from a corner by captain Pease and the leading scorer managed to find enough space in the box to stab the ball home. Keen now has an impressive 22 goals this season.
However some poor defending saw Dereham go 2-1 behind by half-time.
A couple of minutes after the restart a penalty was awarded to Wanderers, and Pease made no mistake from the spot.
You may also want to watch:
Another excellent delivery from the corner, this time from Keen saw Pease prod the ball home from close range to put Dereham in front.
Varney's first goal for the club, a neat finish from inside the area and Chapman's close range header sealed the win before a late penalty brought the score back to 5-3.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 5 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 6 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 7 Museum hopes to celebrate town's historic couple with summer reopening
- 8 Lake and barns for sale as separate auction lots despite same address
- 9 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 10 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
n Bradenham Wanderers Reserves, who play in Anglian Combination Division Five, are looking for a manager.
Anyone interested should contact chairman Dale Brown on 07768767376 or 01603 880109.