Dereham Wanderers U16s enjoy upper hand
Dereham Wanderers Under-16s beat St Andrews 5-3 in an entertaining encounter.
Goals from Reece Pease (2), Archie Keen, James Varney and Matty Chapman opened up a six-point gap between Wanderers in fourth and East Coast in fifth.
Keen opened the scoring with a superb finish. The goal came from a wonderful delivery in from a corner by captain Pease and the leading scorer managed to find enough space in the box to stab the ball home. Keen now has an impressive 22 goals this season.
However some poor defending saw Dereham go 2-1 behind by half-time.
A couple of minutes after the restart a penalty was awarded to Wanderers, and Pease made no mistake from the spot.
Another excellent delivery from the corner, this time from Keen saw Pease prod the ball home from close range to put Dereham in front.
Varney's first goal for the club, a neat finish from inside the area and Chapman's close range header sealed the win before a late penalty brought the score back to 5-3.
- 1 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 2 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 4 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 5 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 6 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 7 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
n Bradenham Wanderers Reserves, who play in Anglian Combination Division Five, are looking for a manager.
Anyone interested should contact chairman Dale Brown on 07768767376 or 01603 880109.