Dereham youngsters catch the eye in King’s Lynn meet
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Juniors, along with one senior, went to West Norfolk's Lynn Sport to take part in the first East Anglian League meeting.
There were over 20 personal best performances set on the day over 12 different events.
In the U-13 boys and girls Bradley Sumner produced three pbs — 100m sprint (16.6), long jump (3.03m) and shot put (4.17m) which he came first in in the B event. Ali Elouassi also came first in the shot put in the A event with a pb of 4.76m and got third places in 200m in 33.1 and 800m in 3:04.0.
Louis Preston also got three pbs in 100m (16.5), 200m (37.0) and in the 1500m, finishing third in the B event with 6:14.9. Jacob Last had two pbs in the 200m in 34.3 and 1500m, finishing second in 6:07.0.
Ella Hunt had two pbs in the 200m in 37.4 and 800m in 3:01.07 in which she came third. Olivia Maguire had two pb, in the 100m in 17.0 and in the shot put (4.76m) where she finished second.
U15 Beth Barrett run in the 100m, finishing in third place with a time of 15.0. In the 200m her time was 30.5 (pb) and in the 75m hurdles 13.7.
The U11 boys and girls also did themselves proud with their performances with Noah Hensby in the shot put throwing 3.83m before jumping 2.56m. Ethan Barrett got two pbs in the 80m in 13.5 and 600m in 2:19.0. Tobias Cheesbrough also got two pbs, one in the 80m with a time of 13.7 and another in the 600m with 2:02.4 where in finished second.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 3 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 4 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 6 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 7 Drug dealing mother-of-five had ‘cocaine stuffed in bra’
- 8 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 9 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
Kai Wiseman in the 80m got 12.9 and in the 600m came in third with a time of 2:11.8. Larissa Jones got two pbs in the long jump (2.14m) and 80m (14.8).
Aisha Elouassi had pbs in the 600m with 2:16.9, 80m with 13.2 and in the shot put finishing in first place with a distance 4.42m. The 80m time she recorded equaled the club record of 13.2 and she also broke the U11 girls shot put club record.
In the senior races Grace Bird set a club record in the 800m with a time of 2:42.3. U20 Ashley Jarvis ran 26.1 in the 200m and came third in the 400m with a time 58.3.
Nathan Protheroe, a second claim Dereham runner competing for West Norfolk on the day, came second in the B event long jump with 4.74m. In the javelin he threw a pb of 24.19m coming in third place and in the high jump he came second with a height of 1.70m.
Next up for the juniors on the track is the EYAL meeting (U13, U15 and U17 only) in Peterborough on May 7.