Double derby joy for Ryman League North Dereham Town
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Dereham Town completed the double over Wroxham as the Magpies cruised to another 2-0 victory at Aldiss Park.
After seeing off the Yachtsmen at Trafford Park last month, Matt Henman's side repeated the trick thanks to Luke Tuttle's double. Henman was delighted with the response of his side after the disappointment of losing 4-0 at home to Cheshunt.
'That was the ideal way to bounce back from Saturday's disappointment,' said Henman.
'I thought that we controlled the game from start to finish.'
The home boss was pleased with the discipline of his side.
'The core of our side was solid and we defended set pieces much better,' he added.
Tuttle gave the Magpies the lead in the 32nd minute from the penalty spot after Ryan Crisp had been upended by Wroxham keeper Elliott Pride. He added a second in the 77th minute, slotting home from 18 yards after receiving Rhys Logan's pass.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 3 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 4 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 8 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 9 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
- 10 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
On Saturday Henman's side visit Harlow (3pm kick-off) with Dan Morphew returning to the squad before another away fixture on Tuesday at Witham (7.45pm).