Double derby joy for Ryman League North Dereham Town
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Dereham Town completed the double over Wroxham as the Magpies cruised to another 2-0 victory at Aldiss Park.
After seeing off the Yachtsmen at Trafford Park last month, Matt Henman's side repeated the trick thanks to Luke Tuttle's double. Henman was delighted with the response of his side after the disappointment of losing 4-0 at home to Cheshunt.
'That was the ideal way to bounce back from Saturday's disappointment,' said Henman.
'I thought that we controlled the game from start to finish.'
The home boss was pleased with the discipline of his side.
You may also want to watch:
'The core of our side was solid and we defended set pieces much better,' he added.
Tuttle gave the Magpies the lead in the 32nd minute from the penalty spot after Ryan Crisp had been upended by Wroxham keeper Elliott Pride. He added a second in the 77th minute, slotting home from 18 yards after receiving Rhys Logan's pass.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
On Saturday Henman's side visit Harlow (3pm kick-off) with Dan Morphew returning to the squad before another away fixture on Tuesday at Witham (7.45pm).