Early exit for Wells
Wells Town 1, Wroxham Res 5WELLS Town went out of the Senior K/O Cup at the first hurdle against a solid looking Wroxham Reserve side, Wells had the better of early exchanges but failed to convert several chances created.
Wells Town 1, Wroxham Res 5
WELLS Town went out of the Senior K/O Cup at the first hurdle against a solid looking Wroxham Reserve side, Wells had the better of early exchanges but failed to convert several chances created.
The visitors started to cause problems and Bulman for Wroxham broke the deadlock after 25 minutes when he collected a good through ball and slotted home with ease.
Bulman added another goal on 35 minutes and scored his third in the 40th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Wells reduced the arrears in the 45th minute with a well struck C East free-kick that gave Smith no chance.
The second period started with Wells attacking but solid defending by the visitors prevented any breakthrough, Hubbard added a fourth for the visitors with everyone looking for a flag for off-side.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 9 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 10 Fire crews battling large house blaze
Bulman added the visitors fifth and his fourth in the 80th minute to proceed into the next round.
Wells next fixture Tuesday, September 22 when Stalham Town visit Beach Road 7.30pm.
Wells Res 1, Mattishall Res 0
Wells Reserves first game of the new season was a hard fought encounter against an in-form Mattishall Reserves, both sides battled for an early goal but both defences stood firm.
Wells broke the deadlock just prior to the interval when Edwards out-jumped his marker to place his header out of the reach of the visiting keeper.