Early goal boost for Magpies
Dereham 2, Haverhill 1On Monday the Magpies made a great start with skipper Adam Gusterson glancing home Craig Terrington's free-kick in the fifth minute.
Dereham 2, Haverhill 1
On Monday the Magpies made a great start with skipper Adam Gusterson glancing home Craig Terrington's free-kick in the fifth minute.
Adam Smith and Ollie Willis, who both signed new contracts before the game, were prominent as the home side pressurised their Suffolk opponents.
However, Dereham did not increase their advantage until the 27th minute when Scott Roberts slid home another Terrington cross.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies continued to dominate the first half without adding to their tally. Haverhill pulled a goal back in the 55th minute when Neil Cogger's flag-kick deceived keeper John Higgs and went directly into the net.
On Saturday, Dereham are at Felixstowe.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland