Early goal boost for Magpies
Dereham 2, Haverhill 1On Monday the Magpies made a great start with skipper Adam Gusterson glancing home Craig Terrington's free-kick in the fifth minute.
Dereham 2, Haverhill 1
On Monday the Magpies made a great start with skipper Adam Gusterson glancing home Craig Terrington's free-kick in the fifth minute.
Adam Smith and Ollie Willis, who both signed new contracts before the game, were prominent as the home side pressurised their Suffolk opponents.
However, Dereham did not increase their advantage until the 27th minute when Scott Roberts slid home another Terrington cross.
The Magpies continued to dominate the first half without adding to their tally. Haverhill pulled a goal back in the 55th minute when Neil Cogger's flag-kick deceived keeper John Higgs and went directly into the net.
On Saturday, Dereham are at Felixstowe.
- 1 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Landmark nature project aims to rejuvenate river valley wildlife
- 6 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 7 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 10 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash