Early goal boost for Magpies
Dereham 2, Haverhill 1On Monday the Magpies made a great start with skipper Adam Gusterson glancing home Craig Terrington's free-kick in the fifth minute.
Dereham 2, Haverhill 1
On Monday the Magpies made a great start with skipper Adam Gusterson glancing home Craig Terrington's free-kick in the fifth minute.
Adam Smith and Ollie Willis, who both signed new contracts before the game, were prominent as the home side pressurised their Suffolk opponents.
However, Dereham did not increase their advantage until the 27th minute when Scott Roberts slid home another Terrington cross.
The Magpies continued to dominate the first half without adding to their tally. Haverhill pulled a goal back in the 55th minute when Neil Cogger's flag-kick deceived keeper John Higgs and went directly into the net.
On Saturday, Dereham are at Felixstowe.
- 1 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Wind turbines, cables and trenches: Is another way possible?
- 4 Where can I see Santa on his sleigh in Breckland this Christmas?
- 5 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
- 6 Norfolk scams: Washing machine fraudsters and fake WhatsApp messages
- 7 Delays after BMW crashes into tree on A47
- 8 Cast your votes in the Times Awards 2021
- 9 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 10 Pig farmer's invention wins national innovation award