Ellie leads the way as Dereham runners brave the cold
- Credit: Paula Harrison
Sunday saw the third Ryston Runners cross country event of the season at Shouldham Warren.
Dereham had 11 juniors in action who were joined by seven senior team members.
They braved the freezing cold and snow showers to turn in some good performances, with 15 of the runners finishing in the top 10 in their age groups.
In the U17 girls 6.5k race Ellie Foster ran home in first place with a personal best time of 31:15 and Abi Foster crossed second in 32:38.
The U15 girls 3k race saw Beth Barrett run a time of 15:40 to fifth while the boys U15 race for the same distance saw two debuts for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Lingwood, with a great run, finished second in a time of 11:50 and William Hall came fifth in 13:05.
The U13 boys also ran 3k and their race saw Luke Gilding finished third in 12:57. In fifth place was Louis Preston in 14:22 and not far behind in sixth place was Jacob Last in 14:40.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 7 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
The U11 boys 2k race saw Ethan Barrett finish in 17th in 11:52 while in 12th place in 10:00 was Kai Wiseman.
Another debut for the juniors saw Bradley Marsh crossing the line sixth in 9:30.
Meanwhile 96 runners took part in the 96th running of Holkham parkrun on Saturday as the event celebrated its two-year anniversary.
Many runners took part in the event in fancy dress to honour the occasion but first across the line was Anthony Cude in 19:09 with Phil Wakeman setting a new personal best of 19:53 in second place. David Black (20:16) was just outside the 20-minute mark in third.
Lorraine Hunt was first female across the line in 24:10 as she set a new personal best in the process. Julia Sudbury was just one second behind her whilst Lori Brackley was third in 25:02.
Thomas Kelly was the first junior with a new PB of 22:42. 12 first timers took part and there were nine personal bests.
There are vacancies for volunteers in the coming weeks - anyone who is interested can email firstname.lastname@example.org. This week's volunteers: Teresa Abel, Fran Allen, Dave Barber, Shirley Browell, Ellie Duncan, Paul Duncan, Kieran Duncan, Marie J Duncan, Rebecca Fowle, Lucy Harrison, Kay King, Susan Riseborough, Gail Skinner, Paula Smith, Helen Timson, Eva-Lily Timson.