Elmham hit double figures
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk LeagueThe top of the table clash between morning leaders Saham Toney and Thetford Athletic saw the visitors win by the odd goal of three in a match well controlled by Nigel Raven.
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League
The top of the table clash between morning leaders Saham Toney and Thetford Athletic saw the visitors win by the odd goal of three in a match well controlled by Nigel Raven. They leapfrog Saham to head the table.
North Elmham stay in third spot after defeating Rockland United 10-0, Mulbarton won an exciting clash at Bridgham 3-2 while near neighbours East Harling Reserves beat Yaxham 9-3, a scoreline that was not a fair reflection of the game.
Hingham Athletic entertained Dereham A and took the points with a 5-1 win and in the local derby Gressenhall beat Dereham Posties 2-0. In the remaining game Shipdham won 3-1 at Toftwood Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
Division two leaders Attleborough Town dropped valuable points in drawing 3-3 at Yaxham Reserves, who will be delighted with their first point of the season. Cockers in second place failed to make ground, sharing six goals at home to Morley Village Reserves. Tacolneston the home side came out on top with a 3-0 win over lowly Necton Reserves.
Sporle continue to hold the advantage at the top of division three having won 5-2 at Shipdham Reserves, Bawdeswell are hot on their heels after winning by the same score at West End.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
Thetford Rovers Reserves moved up to fourth place, winning 3-0 at Great Cressingham. Foulsham Reserves go down a place after losing 3-1 at home to Swanton Morley.
The league chairman reported seeing an excellent game at Wendling who drew 0-0 with Shropham United, another close encounter saw Gressenhall Reserves win 2-1 at Rockland United Reserves.
Hethersett Athletic retain their 100 per cent record at the top of division four, this time with a 7-3 win over bottom of the table Breckland Wanderers, Beetley, after many seasons of being in the doldrums find themselves in second place after winning 2-0 at home to Fakenham A.
Hindolveston are now third having beaten hosts Methwold Rovers 7-0. There were wins for Castle Acre Swifts, 2-0 at Shropham and Splitz United 7-3 at Thurton and Ashby.