Elmham's smashing summer
NORTH Elmham Tennis Club has enjoyed a summer of great tennis in and out of rain showers. The social mixed doubles event was won by Gloria Digby and Tom Pye, runners-up were Judy and Stuart Biggie.
NORTH Elmham Tennis Club has enjoyed a summer of great tennis in and out of rain showers.
The social mixed doubles event was won by Gloria Digby and Tom Pye, runners-up were Judy and Stuart Biggie.
The ladies' doubles final saw Gloria Digby and Sandra Henderson beat Lynda Denmead and Sheila Sherlock. The men's doubles final was won by James Cane and Will Fox who beat Les Digby and Stephen Levy. The singles contests played earlier in the summer resulted in wins for Tessa Thatcher and Dan Warman.
For club details visit www.elmhamtennisclub.org.uk or go along to the annual meeting on Monday, September 21 at the sports pavilion 7.30pm, or visit the club at the top of the playing field in Elmham.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured are doubles competition winners Jill Fox, James Cane, Sandra Henderson and Gloria Digby.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 9 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47