England call for Magpies striker
Dereham Town striker Kenny Reeves has been selected to represent England Schools under-18s. He has been handed the No 9 shirt in an 18-man squad for the forthcoming internationals in the Centenary Shield.
Dereham Town striker Kenny Reeves (pictured) has been selected to represent England Schools U18s. He has been handed the No 9 shirt in an 18-man squad for the forthcoming internationals in the Centenary Shield.
His manager at Dereham, Matt Henman, said of the selection: "It's fantastic. We think this is the first international honour for the club at any level.
"Kenny was released by Norwich City after spending a year or two with them as a schoolboy and came to us through Norwich United.
"He had his first start with the senior team on Saturday (in the 2-1 home Ridgeons Premier win over Histon Reserves). He is 6ft 3in tall and a natural finisher. If he can add a bit more aggression to his game he is going to be one hell of a player."
You may also want to watch:
Some of the games in which Reeves, who comes from Eaton, could play will be screened live on Sky Sports. Congratulations on his selection have come from the Dereham club and the Ridgeons League.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 4 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 5 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 6 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 9 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk