England call for Magpies striker
Dereham Town striker Kenny Reeves has been selected to represent England Schools under-18s. He has been handed the No 9 shirt in an 18-man squad for the forthcoming internationals in the Centenary Shield.
Dereham Town striker Kenny Reeves (pictured) has been selected to represent England Schools U18s. He has been handed the No 9 shirt in an 18-man squad for the forthcoming internationals in the Centenary Shield.
His manager at Dereham, Matt Henman, said of the selection: "It's fantastic. We think this is the first international honour for the club at any level.
"Kenny was released by Norwich City after spending a year or two with them as a schoolboy and came to us through Norwich United.
"He had his first start with the senior team on Saturday (in the 2-1 home Ridgeons Premier win over Histon Reserves). He is 6ft 3in tall and a natural finisher. If he can add a bit more aggression to his game he is going to be one hell of a player."
You may also want to watch:
Some of the games in which Reeves, who comes from Eaton, could play will be screened live on Sky Sports. Congratulations on his selection have come from the Dereham club and the Ridgeons League.
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 9 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
- 10 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?