Excellent progress by young bowler
BOWLS: Dean Rudling has reached the National Schools of Excellence final to be held in Worthing, West Sussex in August.
He will be bowling against some of the top 16 bowlers at under-14 level in the country.
This is a great achievement as this is only his second full season of playing bowls and only his first season bowling in the junior tournaments.
To reach Worthing, Dean has already won the Norfolk School of Excellence and came third in the East Anglia Region on points, having narrowly lost in the final.
He has won several trophies this year in other events, bowling with Brooklyn and Mathius Cheal for Norfolk Bowls Club and single events bowling for Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
Dean bowls his club bowls at Dereham Indoor Bowls Club with members of his family in the internal leagues. Last season he bowled for Dereham Men's B team on Saturdays.
Dean thanked all at the Dereham club who have given him support.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Revisit the industrial heritage in the heart of Norfolk
He would love to bowl his junior games for Dereham but unfortunately he is the only junior at his age group in the club.
Any young boys and girls who think they might be interested in learning the game should contact Terry and Yvonne Hunt on 01760 440563 after 6pm. They are qualified coaches and hold coaching courses at Dereham Indoor Bowls Club.