Excellent progress by young bowler
BOWLS: Dean Rudling has reached the National Schools of Excellence final to be held in Worthing, West Sussex in August.
He will be bowling against some of the top 16 bowlers at under-14 level in the country.
This is a great achievement as this is only his second full season of playing bowls and only his first season bowling in the junior tournaments.
To reach Worthing, Dean has already won the Norfolk School of Excellence and came third in the East Anglia Region on points, having narrowly lost in the final.
He has won several trophies this year in other events, bowling with Brooklyn and Mathius Cheal for Norfolk Bowls Club and single events bowling for Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
Dean bowls his club bowls at Dereham Indoor Bowls Club with members of his family in the internal leagues. Last season he bowled for Dereham Men's B team on Saturdays.
Dean thanked all at the Dereham club who have given him support.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 8 Covid responsible for half of all deaths in worst hit areas of Norfolk
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Landlords invited to webinar to keep up with changing rules
He would love to bowl his junior games for Dereham but unfortunately he is the only junior at his age group in the club.
Any young boys and girls who think they might be interested in learning the game should contact Terry and Yvonne Hunt on 01760 440563 after 6pm. They are qualified coaches and hold coaching courses at Dereham Indoor Bowls Club.