Fakenham golfers enjoy their trip to the south of Spain
- Credit: Archant
The Fakenham professional organised a golf trip to southern Spain for members of the club and a great week was had by all.
Three rounds of golf were played at Atalaya Park Golf and Country Club on the new course, one round at the stunning Los Naranjos Golf Club and one round at the group's favourite course, Los Aquerous Golf Club.
A closely-contested Stableford competition was played each day, with the final honour going to Martyn Gould with an aggregate of 135 points followed by Terry Hegarty with 132 points.
Meanwhile six juniors from Dereham Golf Club took part in the 22nd Norfolk Schools Championship which was hosted by Eaton with an excellent field of 57 players.
Dereham's Lily Farrelly won the U14 Girls' title with a net 70 off an 18 handicap.
You may also want to watch:
Representing Northgate High School were Lily, her sister Maisie and Joe Crane. They took the runners-up place, losing out to a team from Easton College.
- 1 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 2 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 3 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 6 Three marathons in three weekends - Dereham runner's amazing charity effort
- 7 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 8 Enhanced play area unveiled following £23,000 revamp
- 9 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 10 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages