Fakenham racer Nelson's injury blow
FAKENHAM'S Carl Nelson competed in the latest round of the MRO Morello Powerbike Championship at Cadwell Park at the weekend.But he was injured during Sunday's racing after making good progress and will be unable to race for about six weeks.
FAKENHAM'S Carl Nelson competed in the latest round of the MRO Morello Powerbike Championship at Cadwell Park at the weekend.
But he was injured during Sunday's racing after making good progress and will be unable to race for about six weeks.
Heavy rain throughout Friday's practice again made it difficult to get a good setting on the new Honda CBR 1000.
Saturday's indifferent weather made conditions difficult, first qualifying saw Nelson on full wet tyres on a fast-drying track resulting in qualifying 12th place, second qualifying and on a dry track and the right tyres saw Nelson improve his grid position to sixth place.
Saturday's sprint race saw Nelson running in fifth place for most of the race, losing a position on the last lap to finish sixth.
Although disappointed he was pleased to have made good progress on the bike in the dry conditions.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 4 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 5 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 6 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 7 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 8 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 9 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 10 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
Following suspension adjustments on Saturday night the bike felt much improved for Sunday's first race, in spite of the wet conditions a good start saw Nelson into fourth place by the first corner, and then move up and run a strong second place.
Nelson's weekend racing came to an abrupt end when he high-sided out of the race, culminating in injuries which prevented any further participation in the meeting.
Carl will be unable to race for about six weeks due to a collarbone and shoulder injury sustained in the crash.
Carl would like to thank James Beck Auctions, M D Williamson Carpets, Bruce Tower & Sons Heating Engineers, C R Engineering, Fakenham Signs and the Great Eastern Motorcycle Club for their support.