Fakenham racer Nelson's injury blow
FAKENHAM'S Carl Nelson competed in the latest round of the MRO Morello Powerbike Championship at Cadwell Park at the weekend.But he was injured during Sunday's racing after making good progress and will be unable to race for about six weeks.
FAKENHAM'S Carl Nelson competed in the latest round of the MRO Morello Powerbike Championship at Cadwell Park at the weekend.
But he was injured during Sunday's racing after making good progress and will be unable to race for about six weeks.
Heavy rain throughout Friday's practice again made it difficult to get a good setting on the new Honda CBR 1000.
Saturday's indifferent weather made conditions difficult, first qualifying saw Nelson on full wet tyres on a fast-drying track resulting in qualifying 12th place, second qualifying and on a dry track and the right tyres saw Nelson improve his grid position to sixth place.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday's sprint race saw Nelson running in fifth place for most of the race, losing a position on the last lap to finish sixth.
Although disappointed he was pleased to have made good progress on the bike in the dry conditions.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
Following suspension adjustments on Saturday night the bike felt much improved for Sunday's first race, in spite of the wet conditions a good start saw Nelson into fourth place by the first corner, and then move up and run a strong second place.
Nelson's weekend racing came to an abrupt end when he high-sided out of the race, culminating in injuries which prevented any further participation in the meeting.
Carl will be unable to race for about six weeks due to a collarbone and shoulder injury sustained in the crash.
Carl would like to thank James Beck Auctions, M D Williamson Carpets, Bruce Tower & Sons Heating Engineers, C R Engineering, Fakenham Signs and the Great Eastern Motorcycle Club for their support.