Fakenham Town are hit for six by Linnets in home friendly
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town were hit for six on Tuesday evening, as King's Lynn Town romped to victory in the latest pre-season friendly for the Ghosts.
Following on from a 2-0 home reverse against Norwich United at the weekend, Fakenham were pegged back from the start and it was no surprise when the visitors opened the scoring after a defensive mix-up.
The Ghosts were soon level, after the Lynn keeper couldn't hold a rasping drive from Matt Franks, and Tim Cary was on hand to fire home.
The equaliser though just spurred Lynn on, and they retook the lead as a cross was diverted past Rix by the unlucky Josh Youngs. Two more goals in quick succession, one a superb effort from outside the penalty box from Ryan Hawkins, gave a half-time score of 1-4 in Lynn's favour.
Two more goals in the second half wrapped up the win for The Linnets, the last of which came in stoppage time.
You may also want to watch:
It was a completely different fixture than the one played at Carrow Road at the end of May, and Ghosts manager Robbie Harris will be demanding an upturn in fortunes as soon as possible.
Fakenham's tough pre-season continues on Saturday with Yaxley the visitors to Clipbush Park, 3pm. The Ghosts open their Thurlow Nunn Premier Division campaign at home to newly promoted Coggeshall Town on Saturday week (July 29).
- 1 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 5 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 6 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 9 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 10 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children
On Friday night Dereham Town cruised to a 5-0 win at Thetford Town as they prepare for their Bostik Division One North campaign.
Ashley Jarvis grabbed a couple of goals while Robbie Linford, Rhys Logan and an own goal completed the scoring.
The Magpies kept up the good work when they won 7-1 at Anglian Combination outfit Mundford in another friendly on Tuesday evening with goals from Jarvis (3), Logan (2), Jamie Forshaw and Ryan Crisp.
Dereham step up their preparations for the new season on Friday evening when they travel to Gorleston, who finished fourth in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division last term. The match at Emerald Park gets under way at 7.45pm. The Magpies also have home friendly to look forward, with last season's Anglian Combination Premier Division champions Norwich CBS - formerly Spixworth - visiting Aldiss Park on Tuesday (7.45pm).