Fencer among medals
A Reepham High School student has won a gold medal in fencing. Ewan Chipping, 16, bagged the medal in the Norfolk under-18 boys' foil competition as well as bronze in the Norfolk senior competition.
A Reepham High School student has won a gold medal in fencing.
Ewan Chipping, 16, bagged the medal in the Norfolk under-18 boys' foil competition as well as bronze in the Norfolk senior competition.
The event, which included the Norfolk under-18 boys' foil championships and the Norfolk senior foil championships, was held at Taverham Hall School over two weekends.
Ewan, who is from Elsing, has been fencing for about seven years and it is one of his assessed sports as part of his GCSE course.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to see all my hard work and training coming together,” he said. “These wins will stand me in good stead for future competitions.”
Reepham High School head teacher Chris Hassell said: “We are sure Ewan will go on to even better things. He has shown the commitment and determination which makes us so proud of so many of our students.”
- 1 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 2 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 9 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide