Fencer among medals
A Reepham High School student has won a gold medal in fencing. Ewan Chipping, 16, bagged the medal in the Norfolk under-18 boys' foil competition as well as bronze in the Norfolk senior competition.
A Reepham High School student has won a gold medal in fencing.
Ewan Chipping, 16, bagged the medal in the Norfolk under-18 boys' foil competition as well as bronze in the Norfolk senior competition.
The event, which included the Norfolk under-18 boys' foil championships and the Norfolk senior foil championships, was held at Taverham Hall School over two weekends.
Ewan, who is from Elsing, has been fencing for about seven years and it is one of his assessed sports as part of his GCSE course.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to see all my hard work and training coming together,” he said. “These wins will stand me in good stead for future competitions.”
Reepham High School head teacher Chris Hassell said: “We are sure Ewan will go on to even better things. He has shown the commitment and determination which makes us so proud of so many of our students.”
- 1 'Singing in their seats' - Pubs promise loud atmosphere for England game
- 2 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 3 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 4 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 5 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Town pub revamped as carveries prove a hit
- 9 Man in 30s left in need of surgery after serious assault
- 10 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique