Five Dereham runners in Sportshall event
The second Norfolk Sportshall League match of the season took place at Lynnsport, Kings Lynn, with five Dereham Runners Juniors taking part.
In his first competitive event, Finlay Reid represented the U11 boys, with Freya Biles and Sam Hixson in the U13 girls' team events and Ashley Jarvis and William Moore in the U15 boys' individual competition.
All five athletes gave good accounts of themselves, with several personal bests being set during the day.
Finlay: 2 Lap: 26.7, 2 L/Hurdles: 29.8, V Jump: 30 (PB), S Bounce: 40 (PB), scoring a total of 73 points.
You may also want to watch:
Freya: 2 Lap: 25.9, 4 Lap: 59.2, T Jump: 5.07 (PB), S Bounce: 64 (PB).
Sam: 2 Lap: 29.7, 4 Lap: 70.1, V Jump: 21, T Jump: 4.08 (PB). Both girls ran together in the 8 Lap Parlauf in 127.0. They scored a total of 159 points.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
For the U15 boys, both William and Ashley set a number of personal bests and scored well in their individual competitions, and are both well placed in the overall league standings.
Ashley: 2 Lap: 23.0, 4 Lap: 50.0, L Jump: 1.97 (PB), T Jump: 6.70 (PB), S Bounce: 72 (PB), Shot: 8.86 (PB).
William: 2 Lap: 23.0, 4 Lap: 48.0, L Jump: 2.55, T Jump: 7.38, S Bounce: 78 (PB), Shot: 11.2 (PB)
The final league meeting of the season takes place at UEA Sportpark on November 26, with the Norfolk County Championships on Saturday, January 12.
For further information, contact Garry on 01362 697979.