Foulsham FC see unbeaten run halted
Harleston Tn 5, Foulsham 2
Foulsham's five-match unbeaten run was halted at Harleston on Saturday in Anglian Combination Division Two.
Harleston were seeking revenge for a 3-1 defeat earlier in the season, and proved tough opponents. The hosts showed just why they are this season's Norfolk Junior Cup finalists with a fine display of attacking football which Foulsham were unable to match.
The visitors were 2-0 down at half time, but pulled a goal back early in the second half when a superb Craig Knowles free-kick from outside the area left the keeper stranded.
Harleston responded with a further three goals before Mark Gaskin, newly signed from Reepham Town, hit an unstoppable long range bullet for his first goal for Foulsham.
You may also want to watch:
n Foulsham Reserves, in their last away match of the season, went to Freethorpe Reserves and came away with a 7-5 victory in a game in which defence was an optional extra for both teams.
A hat-trick for top scorer Richie Young and goals by Lee Murton, Luke Smith, Peter Hooks and captain Matty Barwell sealed a win over a team that had previously beaten the Reserves 5-1 in the corresponding fixture back in December. The Reserves host bottom side Hemsby Reserves on Saturday (4pm).
- 1 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 2 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 3 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 6 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 7 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 8 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique
- 9 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 10 'Exciting and adventurous' - How aboutDereham works for our community