Foulsham FC see unbeaten run halted
Harleston Tn 5, Foulsham 2
Foulsham's five-match unbeaten run was halted at Harleston on Saturday in Anglian Combination Division Two.
Harleston were seeking revenge for a 3-1 defeat earlier in the season, and proved tough opponents. The hosts showed just why they are this season's Norfolk Junior Cup finalists with a fine display of attacking football which Foulsham were unable to match.
The visitors were 2-0 down at half time, but pulled a goal back early in the second half when a superb Craig Knowles free-kick from outside the area left the keeper stranded.
Harleston responded with a further three goals before Mark Gaskin, newly signed from Reepham Town, hit an unstoppable long range bullet for his first goal for Foulsham.
You may also want to watch:
n Foulsham Reserves, in their last away match of the season, went to Freethorpe Reserves and came away with a 7-5 victory in a game in which defence was an optional extra for both teams.
A hat-trick for top scorer Richie Young and goals by Lee Murton, Luke Smith, Peter Hooks and captain Matty Barwell sealed a win over a team that had previously beaten the Reserves 5-1 in the corresponding fixture back in December. The Reserves host bottom side Hemsby Reserves on Saturday (4pm).
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 9 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 10 Fire crews battling large house blaze