Foulsham FC unable to exact revenge
Bungay Tn 3, Foulsham 2
Foulsham travelled to second placed Bungay in Anglian Combination Division Two looking to reverse the 4-1 home defeat of a few weeks earlier and to get the midweek defeat by Downham Reserves out of their system.
With the return of striker Simon Prior and midfielder Mark Gaskin, Foulsham more than matched Bungay in the opening 20 minutes.
They went behind in controversial circumstances as a Bungay forward nodded the ball down from an apparently offside position into the path of an oncoming player who struck home through a crowd of players and past the unsighted Tom Harvey in goal. The linesman raised his flag for offside but despite discussions with the referee the goal stood.
Foulsham levelled when Ben Darby headed home from a Craig Hagon free-kick and subsequently took the lead when Mark Gaskin lobbed the Bungay keeper after latching onto a through ball.
As has been the case all season, Foulsham were unable to go on and close the game out when firstly Hagon failed to clear a high ball, leaving the Bungay striker with a run at goal. Five minutes later Gaskin lost the ball and the resulting cross was headed home for Bungay's third.
Foulsham pushed hard for an equaliser and Darby had an excellent chance when the ball dropped to him on the edge of the area but his shot went wide. A good passing move then resulted in the ball falling to Craig Knowles, but his snap shot was straight at the keeper who saved well.
- 1 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 2 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 3 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 4 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 8 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 9 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 10 Man taken to hospital after crash involving car and tractor
n Foulsham Reserves' match against Thorpe Village Reserves was cancelled on the morning of the match when Thorpe were unable to raise a side.
The reserves' next game is at home against CNSOBU on Saturday, kick-off 4pm.