Foulsham FC unable to exact revenge
Bungay Tn 3, Foulsham 2
Foulsham travelled to second placed Bungay in Anglian Combination Division Two looking to reverse the 4-1 home defeat of a few weeks earlier and to get the midweek defeat by Downham Reserves out of their system.
With the return of striker Simon Prior and midfielder Mark Gaskin, Foulsham more than matched Bungay in the opening 20 minutes.
They went behind in controversial circumstances as a Bungay forward nodded the ball down from an apparently offside position into the path of an oncoming player who struck home through a crowd of players and past the unsighted Tom Harvey in goal. The linesman raised his flag for offside but despite discussions with the referee the goal stood.
Foulsham levelled when Ben Darby headed home from a Craig Hagon free-kick and subsequently took the lead when Mark Gaskin lobbed the Bungay keeper after latching onto a through ball.
You may also want to watch:
As has been the case all season, Foulsham were unable to go on and close the game out when firstly Hagon failed to clear a high ball, leaving the Bungay striker with a run at goal. Five minutes later Gaskin lost the ball and the resulting cross was headed home for Bungay's third.
Foulsham pushed hard for an equaliser and Darby had an excellent chance when the ball dropped to him on the edge of the area but his shot went wide. A good passing move then resulted in the ball falling to Craig Knowles, but his snap shot was straight at the keeper who saved well.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 6 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 9 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
- 10 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
n Foulsham Reserves' match against Thorpe Village Reserves was cancelled on the morning of the match when Thorpe were unable to raise a side.
The reserves' next game is at home against CNSOBU on Saturday, kick-off 4pm.