Foulsham get another bite at Norfolk Junior Cup
Foulsham have won a reprieve following their recent Norfolk Junior Cup defeat to Watton United Reserves.
Following an investigation by Norfolk County FA, Watton United Reserves have been removed from the competition for fielding ineligible players in the match, which they won 2-0.
Foulsham have been re-instated and now meet Hunstanton-based Redgate Rangers in Round Three, the tie to be played on Saturday, October 27.
Foulsham's first team travelled to Thetford Rovers on Saturday for their Cyril Ballyn Trophy match.
Despite taking a 2-1 lead with goals by Craig Hagon and Richie Young, and Thetford being reduced to 10 men, Foulsham lost 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Foulsham now return to league action this weekend when they play East Harling at home, ko 2.30pm.
Foulsham Reserves went out of the CS Morley Cup when, for the second week in succession, they lost to Thorpe Village Reserves by 3-1.
- 1 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 2 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 3 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 6 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 7 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 8 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique
- 9 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 10 'Exciting and adventurous' - How aboutDereham works for our community
The tie was lost in the first 20 minutes when Thorpe scored two headed goals with the Foulsham defence missing on duty.
A superb long range strike by midfielder Marc Willimott reduced the Thorpe lead just before half-time and, despite dominating possession and territory in the second half, Foulsham didn't really threaten the Thorpe goal.
Thorpe scored their third goal with a couple of minutes left when they broke quickly and the Foulsham defence was caught short of numbers.