Garwood signs off as Barnham Broom Golf Club senior captain
- Credit: Archant
Roger Garwood presented a cheque to the manager of Dereham's Whitstone House Care Home as a result of his captaincy of Barnham Broom Seniors last year.
Garwood thanked Barnham Broom Hotel and staff for their help and support throughout his year, and golf members for their solid support throughout his captaincy.
Captain's Day raised more than £1,000. Local companies who provided sponsorship included: Big Fry (Wymondham & Dereham) Wetherill Marquees, Railway Tavern Dereham, Dereham Tile & Carpet Centre, Bennetts, Tavern Tasty Meats, Rembrandt, Peter Ketteringham Potatoes, Birds Uniform, Pruce Newman, Gary's Little Plaice and Thurlow Nunn.
n Fakenham Golf Club has been awarded the coveted Golf Mark Award.
This follows many months of dedicated work by the club's secretary and professional working together with the team at Active Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The award further confirms the club's long held policy of promoting the game to everyone.
Coaching courses and tuition are available for all ages throughout the year from Colin Williams the Club's PGA Professional.
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 6 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 7 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
Full details can be obtained from him on 01328 863534 (www.colinwilliamsgolf.co.uk) or by contacting Graham Cocker, club secretary on 01328 855678 (www.fakenhamgolfclub.co.uk).