Garwood signs off as Barnham Broom Golf Club senior captain
- Credit: Archant
Roger Garwood presented a cheque to the manager of Dereham's Whitstone House Care Home as a result of his captaincy of Barnham Broom Seniors last year.
Garwood thanked Barnham Broom Hotel and staff for their help and support throughout his year, and golf members for their solid support throughout his captaincy.
Captain's Day raised more than £1,000. Local companies who provided sponsorship included: Big Fry (Wymondham & Dereham) Wetherill Marquees, Railway Tavern Dereham, Dereham Tile & Carpet Centre, Bennetts, Tavern Tasty Meats, Rembrandt, Peter Ketteringham Potatoes, Birds Uniform, Pruce Newman, Gary's Little Plaice and Thurlow Nunn.
n Fakenham Golf Club has been awarded the coveted Golf Mark Award.
This follows many months of dedicated work by the club's secretary and professional working together with the team at Active Norfolk.
The award further confirms the club's long held policy of promoting the game to everyone.
Coaching courses and tuition are available for all ages throughout the year from Colin Williams the Club's PGA Professional.
- 1 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 2 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 6 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 7 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Full details can be obtained from him on 01328 863534 (www.colinwilliamsgolf.co.uk) or by contacting Graham Cocker, club secretary on 01328 855678 (www.fakenhamgolfclub.co.uk).