Goalkeeper welcomed back by Magpies
Dereham Town have completed the signing of goalkeeper Shaun Marshall.Shaun, now 31, started his playing career as a trainee with Cambridge United in 1992 and went on to make over 170 appearances.
Dereham Town have completed the signing of goalkeeper Shaun Marshall.
Shaun, now 31, started his playing career as a trainee with Cambridge United in 1992 and went on to make over 170 appearances.
He has also played for Stevenage Borough and Notts County. He made 54 appearances for the Magpies during the 2007/08 season.
'The signing of Shaun is a massive boost to everybody at the club,' said Dereham Town manager, Matt Henman.
You may also want to watch:
'First and foremost he's a very good goalkeeper who brings professional experience to the team but he's also demonstrated a real desire to play for us again after being released a couple of years ago.'
He added, 'When I first took over the club Shaun was one of the casualties during the restructuring of the squad.
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 4 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 5 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 8 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
'He left us on good terms and I'm delighted I have had the chance to re-sign him and work with him again.
'It's very clear he was and will be a very popular player with players and supporters at Aldiss Park and it is an indication of the club's desire to build on the talented group of players we already have.
'He will have a positive effect on the other goalkeepers we have at the club and I know Shaun is rearing to go and looking forward to playing for Dereham Town again.'
Marshall's first match will be when the Magpies entertain Norwich City in their pre-season friendly match on July 10.
Tickets are still available, please contact (01362) 690460 for more details.
The league season is scheduled to start on Saturday, August 7, with the Reserve League kicking off on August 21.
Fixtures are due out on Monday, July 19