Gressenhall's Myrna Kemp won gold in qualifying for the final shoot-out at Bisley Camp, Surrey, on August 15 - the second time for her.Last year she broke the record for being the first person from Fakenham Rifle Club since 1978 to qualify for the final stage of this competition.
Gressenhall's Myrna Kemp won gold in qualifying for the final shoot-out at Bisley Camp, Surrey, on August 15 - the second time for her.
Last year she broke the record for being the first person from Fakenham Rifle Club since 1978 to qualify for the final stage of this competition.
The postal competition is jointly sponsored by the National Small-bore Rifle Association and ELEY. This started in January, when six small-bore shooters from the club entered. Two shooters qualified to go through to the second round - Mrs Kemp, who scored 394 (out of 400) and Stephen Howman, who scored 388. When the results from the second round came back, Mrs Kemp had scored 390 (out of 400), securing her 10th place nationally and a place in the final. Stephen Howman, with a score of 384, just missed out on a place in the final, but received a silver medal.
Mrs Kemp, who formerly lived in Fakenham, has been a member of the FRC since 2004 and is married to former Fakenham Town deputy mayor and NNDC councillor, Philip Kemp, and they have a 16-year-old daughter, Joy.
You may also want to watch:
'My husband is my number one fan and has always been my inspiration,' said Mrs Kemp who works as a teaching assistant and art and design technology technician at Litcham High School.
This year she had more success in the postal competitions, winning the Bedfordshire event in their pairs division with club captain, Richard Fox; coming second in the West Kent Rifle Club competition; finishing third in Portslade and West Hove Rifle and Pistol Club short-range, which she has won in the last two seasons, and winning a B class badge in the West Kent short-range.
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47