Golfing juniors finish in style at Dereham
At the beginning of half-term Dereham Golf Club Juniors finished their season in fine style, in awful weather conditions, by playing for the Alarming UK Ltd salvers, with excellent scores in both the 18 and nine-hole competitions.
In the 18-hole competition Alex Bates led the field with 40 points, followed by Frazer Chettleburgh 35 ocb, Sian Fenn-Green 35, Will Cross 33 and Michael Watters. They all received vouchers for the pro shop.
The nine-hole competition saw eight involved, the winner Josh Goodwins.Benjamin Weiland was second with Liam Kevern third. They also received vouchers for the pro shop. In the five-hole competition, the Autumn Cup, Luke Milligan took first prize.
Captain Keith Wilkinson and some of the sponsors made the annual presentation of cups and trophies (see photo on this page).
A packed clubhouse heard a report on the events of the year from secretary Jane Bizley, followed by the announcement that the new junior captain would be Michael Watters and his vice-captain Lewis Bates.
You may also want to watch:
The junior captain presented Jane with a floral arrangement and Colin Tucker, team manager, with two bottles of wine.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named