Grassroots grant boosts Swanton Morley cricket
Swanton Morley Cricket Club have been boosted by a Grassroots Grant award of �2,000 from the Norfolk Community Foundation.To this has been added �150 raised from local businesses, sponsoring adverts to be included in the club's annual handbook.
Swanton Morley Cricket Club have been boosted by a Grassroots Grant award of �2,000 from the Norfolk Community Foundation.
To this has been added �150 raised from local businesses, sponsoring adverts to be included in the club's annual handbook.
A total of �1,000 is specifically earmarked towards the cost of training more members to qualify as cricket coaches, which will enable the club to welcome more young people to the training sessions.
The sum of �490 will enable others to attend child protection, first aid and club welfare officer courses and also pay for some indoor cricket coaching sessions during the winter months.
You may also want to watch:
The remaining �660 has been spent in purchasing a range of innovative, attractive coaching equipment, which will be used for the youngsters' training sessions, mainly on Monday evenings.
These will continue during the whole of August, including the Bank Holiday and all boys and girls from aged eight to 14 are invited to come along and enjoy the new facilities.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers