Grassroots grant boosts Swanton Morley cricket
Swanton Morley Cricket Club have been boosted by a Grassroots Grant award of �2,000 from the Norfolk Community Foundation.To this has been added �150 raised from local businesses, sponsoring adverts to be included in the club's annual handbook.
Swanton Morley Cricket Club have been boosted by a Grassroots Grant award of �2,000 from the Norfolk Community Foundation.
To this has been added �150 raised from local businesses, sponsoring adverts to be included in the club's annual handbook.
A total of �1,000 is specifically earmarked towards the cost of training more members to qualify as cricket coaches, which will enable the club to welcome more young people to the training sessions.
The sum of �490 will enable others to attend child protection, first aid and club welfare officer courses and also pay for some indoor cricket coaching sessions during the winter months.
You may also want to watch:
The remaining �660 has been spent in purchasing a range of innovative, attractive coaching equipment, which will be used for the youngsters' training sessions, mainly on Monday evenings.
These will continue during the whole of August, including the Bank Holiday and all boys and girls from aged eight to 14 are invited to come along and enjoy the new facilities.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards