Grassroots grant boosts Swanton Morley cricket
Swanton Morley Cricket Club have been boosted by a Grassroots Grant award of �2,000 from the Norfolk Community Foundation.To this has been added �150 raised from local businesses, sponsoring adverts to be included in the club's annual handbook.
Swanton Morley Cricket Club have been boosted by a Grassroots Grant award of �2,000 from the Norfolk Community Foundation.
To this has been added �150 raised from local businesses, sponsoring adverts to be included in the club's annual handbook.
A total of �1,000 is specifically earmarked towards the cost of training more members to qualify as cricket coaches, which will enable the club to welcome more young people to the training sessions.
The sum of �490 will enable others to attend child protection, first aid and club welfare officer courses and also pay for some indoor cricket coaching sessions during the winter months.
The remaining �660 has been spent in purchasing a range of innovative, attractive coaching equipment, which will be used for the youngsters' training sessions, mainly on Monday evenings.
These will continue during the whole of August, including the Bank Holiday and all boys and girls from aged eight to 14 are invited to come along and enjoy the new facilities.
- 1 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 2 Why this Dereham store is attracting athletes from across the UK
- 3 Troops parade through Dereham after being given freedom of the town
- 4 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 5 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 6 Biker taken to hospital after crash involving SUV
- 7 Man to pay out almost £400 after fishing in River Wensum in close season
- 8 Hinton sends farewell message to fans after leaving Magpies
- 9 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 10 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home