Grassroots grant boosts Swanton Morley cricket
Swanton Morley Cricket Club have been boosted by a Grassroots Grant award of �2,000 from the Norfolk Community Foundation.To this has been added �150 raised from local businesses, sponsoring adverts to be included in the club's annual handbook.
Swanton Morley Cricket Club have been boosted by a Grassroots Grant award of �2,000 from the Norfolk Community Foundation.
To this has been added �150 raised from local businesses, sponsoring adverts to be included in the club's annual handbook.
A total of �1,000 is specifically earmarked towards the cost of training more members to qualify as cricket coaches, which will enable the club to welcome more young people to the training sessions.
The sum of �490 will enable others to attend child protection, first aid and club welfare officer courses and also pay for some indoor cricket coaching sessions during the winter months.
The remaining �660 has been spent in purchasing a range of innovative, attractive coaching equipment, which will be used for the youngsters' training sessions, mainly on Monday evenings.
These will continue during the whole of August, including the Bank Holiday and all boys and girls from aged eight to 14 are invited to come along and enjoy the new facilities.
- 1 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 4 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 5 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 6 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 7 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?