Great effort from Dereham runner Ellen in big event
- Credit: Archant
Under-11 Dereham junior Ellen Symonds competed in the Chilton League, including the British Athletics Cross Country Challenge, at Teardrop Lakes, Milton Keynes.
One of the youngest in a field of 77 athletes running in U11 girls' 1.75k race, Ellen put in a great effort, finishing in 20th place in 7:46.
Memphis Symonds (City of Norwich), Ellen's sister, ran 11:05 in the U13 girls 2.7k race, coming 19th.
Two North Norfolk Beach Runners competed in the King's Forest 50k ultra over a four-lap off-road course near Bury St Edmunds.
Out of 125 finishers, Ivan Allen was first Beach Runner home in 83rd place with a time of 5.46.51,while Tony Money was 94th in 6.00.23.
You may also want to watch:
Two Beach Runners went even longer in running the Autumn 100, a 100 mile ultra in the Thames Valley. Out of 242 starters, Maria Greaves was 89th overall and 13th female in 23.46.30, while Vinnie Purdy claimed 22nd place with a time of 19.41.36.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown