Great effort from Dereham runner Ellen in big event
- Credit: Archant
Under-11 Dereham junior Ellen Symonds competed in the Chilton League, including the British Athletics Cross Country Challenge, at Teardrop Lakes, Milton Keynes.
One of the youngest in a field of 77 athletes running in U11 girls' 1.75k race, Ellen put in a great effort, finishing in 20th place in 7:46.
Memphis Symonds (City of Norwich), Ellen's sister, ran 11:05 in the U13 girls 2.7k race, coming 19th.
Two North Norfolk Beach Runners competed in the King's Forest 50k ultra over a four-lap off-road course near Bury St Edmunds.
Out of 125 finishers, Ivan Allen was first Beach Runner home in 83rd place with a time of 5.46.51,while Tony Money was 94th in 6.00.23.
You may also want to watch:
Two Beach Runners went even longer in running the Autumn 100, a 100 mile ultra in the Thames Valley. Out of 242 starters, Maria Greaves was 89th overall and 13th female in 23.46.30, while Vinnie Purdy claimed 22nd place with a time of 19.41.36.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 3 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 4 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 5 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback