Hardingham cricket team has perfect record
CRICKET: The fourth season of the South Norfolk Community Cricket League proved to be the most successful yet, with Hardingham U17 winning their section with a 100 per cent record.
With 37 teams taking part in 136 matches across five leagues, there were plenty of opportunities to impress in the eight-a-side, 16-over format.
The new U13 girls' softball league was won by Old Buckenham. In the U11 league Great Melton left the others trailing as they won all six games by considerable margins. Joe Greenslade was dominant with the bat, scoring several half-centuries.
Garboldisham defended their U13 title, losing once in a low-scoring game to newcomers Cringleford Lodge, who finished runners-up.
Bunwell fielded an all-girls team in this league under the South Norfolk District Development banner and a victory against Rocklands Royals lifted their spirits.
You may also want to watch:
At U15 level, Melton wrapped up a brace of titles and lost just once.
Best of 2010. U17: P Walker (Hardingham, 97 v Bunwell), Tom Fidler (Garboldisham, 3-2 v Diss); U15: C George (Mulbarton, 87no v Hardingham), George Jenner (Saxlingham, 3-5 v Tas Valley); U13: D Taylor (Garboldisham, 100no v TV), Matt Thompson (Gt Ellingham, 5-8 v SNDDG); U11: Joseph Wilson (TV, 88no v Garb'm), Jonathon Cooper (TV, 3-5 v Rocklands).
- 1 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 2 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 9 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 10 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
n For more details of the league, visit wwww.southnorfolkcommunityleague.co.uk