Hardingham cricket team has perfect record
CRICKET: The fourth season of the South Norfolk Community Cricket League proved to be the most successful yet, with Hardingham U17 winning their section with a 100 per cent record.
With 37 teams taking part in 136 matches across five leagues, there were plenty of opportunities to impress in the eight-a-side, 16-over format.
The new U13 girls' softball league was won by Old Buckenham. In the U11 league Great Melton left the others trailing as they won all six games by considerable margins. Joe Greenslade was dominant with the bat, scoring several half-centuries.
Garboldisham defended their U13 title, losing once in a low-scoring game to newcomers Cringleford Lodge, who finished runners-up.
Bunwell fielded an all-girls team in this league under the South Norfolk District Development banner and a victory against Rocklands Royals lifted their spirits.
At U15 level, Melton wrapped up a brace of titles and lost just once.
Best of 2010. U17: P Walker (Hardingham, 97 v Bunwell), Tom Fidler (Garboldisham, 3-2 v Diss); U15: C George (Mulbarton, 87no v Hardingham), George Jenner (Saxlingham, 3-5 v Tas Valley); U13: D Taylor (Garboldisham, 100no v TV), Matt Thompson (Gt Ellingham, 5-8 v SNDDG); U11: Joseph Wilson (TV, 88no v Garb'm), Jonathon Cooper (TV, 3-5 v Rocklands).
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 8 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 9 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat
n For more details of the league, visit wwww.southnorfolkcommunityleague.co.uk