Hardingham cricket team has perfect record
CRICKET: The fourth season of the South Norfolk Community Cricket League proved to be the most successful yet, with Hardingham U17 winning their section with a 100 per cent record.
With 37 teams taking part in 136 matches across five leagues, there were plenty of opportunities to impress in the eight-a-side, 16-over format.
The new U13 girls' softball league was won by Old Buckenham. In the U11 league Great Melton left the others trailing as they won all six games by considerable margins. Joe Greenslade was dominant with the bat, scoring several half-centuries.
Garboldisham defended their U13 title, losing once in a low-scoring game to newcomers Cringleford Lodge, who finished runners-up.
Bunwell fielded an all-girls team in this league under the South Norfolk District Development banner and a victory against Rocklands Royals lifted their spirits.
You may also want to watch:
At U15 level, Melton wrapped up a brace of titles and lost just once.
Best of 2010. U17: P Walker (Hardingham, 97 v Bunwell), Tom Fidler (Garboldisham, 3-2 v Diss); U15: C George (Mulbarton, 87no v Hardingham), George Jenner (Saxlingham, 3-5 v Tas Valley); U13: D Taylor (Garboldisham, 100no v TV), Matt Thompson (Gt Ellingham, 5-8 v SNDDG); U11: Joseph Wilson (TV, 88no v Garb'm), Jonathon Cooper (TV, 3-5 v Rocklands).
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
n For more details of the league, visit wwww.southnorfolkcommunityleague.co.uk