Hardy eight brave beach
ANGLING: Eight hardy sea anglers from Dereham and District Angling Club braved the snowy elements on Saturday to travel to Great Yarmouth's north beach and compete in the club's annual Fur 'n Feather Christmas beach match.
It was very cold, and the fish were reluctant to play, however a few smaller specimens were landed, providing sport and making the trip worthwhile.
The eight anglers produced a total catch and release conservation weight of 9lb 1oz.
Final positions were: 1 David Appleby 2lb 7oz, 2 Tim Jarrett 1lb 7oz, =3 Ray Colman/Nathan Wright 1lb 1oz, 5 Dean Phillips 15oz, 6 Jamie Wright 14oz, 7 Richard Girdlestone 13oz, 8 Peter Bennett 5oz.
On December 4 at Walcot, six DDAC sea anglers fished catch and release for a total weight of 1lb 5oz.
You may also want to watch:
Result; 1 Richard Girdlestone 10 2/3oz, 2 Nathan Wright 10oz, 3 Jamie Wright 1oz. Rest blanked.
The next DDAC beach match is on January 15.
- 1 Step in the right direction for neglected footpath
- 2 Sir David Attenborough praises Dereham school’s eco achievements
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Armed forces to be honoured in council ceremony
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Norfolk council agrees to go smoke free at headquarters
- 8 Your Say: Will Dereham locals go on holiday abroad this summer?
- 9 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
- 10 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise