Hardy eight brave beach
ANGLING: Eight hardy sea anglers from Dereham and District Angling Club braved the snowy elements on Saturday to travel to Great Yarmouth's north beach and compete in the club's annual Fur 'n Feather Christmas beach match.
It was very cold, and the fish were reluctant to play, however a few smaller specimens were landed, providing sport and making the trip worthwhile.
The eight anglers produced a total catch and release conservation weight of 9lb 1oz.
Final positions were: 1 David Appleby 2lb 7oz, 2 Tim Jarrett 1lb 7oz, =3 Ray Colman/Nathan Wright 1lb 1oz, 5 Dean Phillips 15oz, 6 Jamie Wright 14oz, 7 Richard Girdlestone 13oz, 8 Peter Bennett 5oz.
On December 4 at Walcot, six DDAC sea anglers fished catch and release for a total weight of 1lb 5oz.
Result; 1 Richard Girdlestone 10 2/3oz, 2 Nathan Wright 10oz, 3 Jamie Wright 1oz. Rest blanked.
The next DDAC beach match is on January 15.
- 1 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 2 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?