Hardy eight brave beach
ANGLING: Eight hardy sea anglers from Dereham and District Angling Club braved the snowy elements on Saturday to travel to Great Yarmouth's north beach and compete in the club's annual Fur 'n Feather Christmas beach match.
It was very cold, and the fish were reluctant to play, however a few smaller specimens were landed, providing sport and making the trip worthwhile.
The eight anglers produced a total catch and release conservation weight of 9lb 1oz.
Final positions were: 1 David Appleby 2lb 7oz, 2 Tim Jarrett 1lb 7oz, =3 Ray Colman/Nathan Wright 1lb 1oz, 5 Dean Phillips 15oz, 6 Jamie Wright 14oz, 7 Richard Girdlestone 13oz, 8 Peter Bennett 5oz.
On December 4 at Walcot, six DDAC sea anglers fished catch and release for a total weight of 1lb 5oz.
You may also want to watch:
Result; 1 Richard Girdlestone 10 2/3oz, 2 Nathan Wright 10oz, 3 Jamie Wright 1oz. Rest blanked.
The next DDAC beach match is on January 15.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 3 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Artist’s tribute to ‘courageous’ cancer charity founder
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney