Hardy eight brave beach
ANGLING: Eight hardy sea anglers from Dereham and District Angling Club braved the snowy elements on Saturday to travel to Great Yarmouth's north beach and compete in the club's annual Fur 'n Feather Christmas beach match.
It was very cold, and the fish were reluctant to play, however a few smaller specimens were landed, providing sport and making the trip worthwhile.
The eight anglers produced a total catch and release conservation weight of 9lb 1oz.
Final positions were: 1 David Appleby 2lb 7oz, 2 Tim Jarrett 1lb 7oz, =3 Ray Colman/Nathan Wright 1lb 1oz, 5 Dean Phillips 15oz, 6 Jamie Wright 14oz, 7 Richard Girdlestone 13oz, 8 Peter Bennett 5oz.
On December 4 at Walcot, six DDAC sea anglers fished catch and release for a total weight of 1lb 5oz.
You may also want to watch:
Result; 1 Richard Girdlestone 10 2/3oz, 2 Nathan Wright 10oz, 3 Jamie Wright 1oz. Rest blanked.
The next DDAC beach match is on January 15.
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 4 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 5 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 8 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk