Heavy defeat for Bradenham Wanderers
Stalham 4, Bradenham Wdrs 0
Bradenham were heavily beaten at mid-table rivals Stalham in Anglian Combination Division One.
Bradenham started well, moving the ball quickly and testing the Stalham defence. Karl Bush and Chris Miller both had good shots on goal only to see them go wide.
Stalham however began to apply the pressure and took the lead from a corner when Matthew Cross headed into his own net for the only goal of the first half.
Stalham went two up when Bradenham lost the ball on the left and the cross was converted by Stalham's forward who found himself unmarked. In rare Bradenham attacks Bush put a header wide and Craig Foster brought a good save from the keeper.
Stalham continued to dictate the game putting Bradenham's defence under relentless pressure and it was no surprise when they scored two late goals.
MoM: Luke Dagg
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 3 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 4 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 5 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 6 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 7 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 8 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 9 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 10 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
Bradenham are at home to Brandon on Saturday.