Heavy defeat for Bradenham Wanderers
Stalham 4, Bradenham Wdrs 0
Bradenham were heavily beaten at mid-table rivals Stalham in Anglian Combination Division One.
Bradenham started well, moving the ball quickly and testing the Stalham defence. Karl Bush and Chris Miller both had good shots on goal only to see them go wide.
Stalham however began to apply the pressure and took the lead from a corner when Matthew Cross headed into his own net for the only goal of the first half.
Stalham went two up when Bradenham lost the ball on the left and the cross was converted by Stalham's forward who found himself unmarked. In rare Bradenham attacks Bush put a header wide and Craig Foster brought a good save from the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Stalham continued to dictate the game putting Bradenham's defence under relentless pressure and it was no surprise when they scored two late goals.
MoM: Luke Dagg
- 1 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 2 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town
Bradenham are at home to Brandon on Saturday.