Help cheer Dereham Cricket Club to a Norfolk Alliance promotion party
- Credit: Tim Ferley
Dereham are just one win away from promotion to the Norfolk Alliance Premier Division after a three-wicket victory over fellow challengers Acle.
A disciplined an economical bowling display saw Dereham restrict the hosts to 176-8 from their 50 overs. Captain Duncan Hewitt (4-47) was the pick of the bowlers, with all contributing to an excellent effort in the field.
Despite losing Ryan Fitt and Neil Irons in successive deliveries, Hewitt and David Lake (65) set up the chase with a superb third-wicket stand of 114. The dismissal of Lake however, sparked a collapse as Dereham slumped from 148-2 to 172-7. It was left to Hewitt to produce a captain's innings, finishing 69 not out, to steer his side to a crucial win.
The result leaves Dereham 10 points clear of third-placed Acle – who visit Lowestoft Town – ahead of their final game of the season at home to Horsford A, and victory on Saturday would secure their place in the county's top division.
The club are urging the town to turn up at their Norwich Road ground this weekend to cheer the lads to a promotion party.
You may also want to watch:
The game starts at 12.30pm.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Covid responsible for half of all deaths in worst hit areas of Norfolk
- 5 Dazzling display raises hundreds for hospital charity
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 8 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Bollywood film shot in Norfolk to be released on Netflix