Henman rallies Magpies
Magpies' chief Matty Henman has urged his players not to let a serious double injury blow derail their flying start to their Ridgeons League Premier Division campaign.
The full-blooded FA Vase encounter claimed casualties on both sides, with defenders Matthew Cross and Jay Eastoe Smith, stretchered off with knee injuries in a second half which had 14 minutes of injury time
'I'm gutted now but I've already said to the lads it's important how we react,' said Henman. 'We've had a great start to the league season and we need to make sure this doesn't affect what we want to do in the league because we have high hopes there.
'We have shown here we have some good footballers but we just ran out of bodies with losing the two lads and having to carry Sam (Willis) at left-back who was struggling with a knee and Robbo (Scott Roberts) with illness.
'I think perhaps those little things are what decided the game. I wish Lynn all the best and we'll concentrate on the league, League Cup and Senior Cup. I think we can still have a great season but we have to make sure we don't turn this into more than it should be.'
Full-back Cross was set for a precautionary hospital check-up after a robust challenge from Pat Bexfield that earned the former Norwich youngster a booking.
'Jay is a little bit better but he took a bang on the front of his knee. He said when he was trying to climb above Jack he felt something pop but carried on and it seemed to buckle a bit. It's too early to tell but it might be a few weeks for both of them,' said Henman.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 3 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 6 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 7 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 8 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 9 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 10 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
Third-placed Dereham travel to Wivenhoe on Saturday.