Hindringham return to form with Anglian Combination Division One victory
Hindringham 5, Brandon Tn 2
After two defeats and poor team performances against Stalham and Caister, the management asked Hindringham for a change in approach and to return to basics to get their season back on track.
An attacking Hindringham line-up soon set about a Brandon side who had not had the best of starts to the season in Anglian Combination Division One.
Hindringham's midfield of Cameron and West combined well to stamp their authority on the game early on. Stuart Broughton, who was handed a start up front alongside the lively Bulley, chased down everything and did not let the away defence settle.
As the pressure increased, Hindringham took the lead. Bulley beat his man out wide and crossed for Broughton, who slotted past the keeper for his first senior goal for the club.
Brandon then came into the game and created pressure and from this Sayer made a super save, only to see the ball to come back off the crossbar and Brandon react the quickest to score.
The visitors were now on top and Hindringham had to defend well as a team and battle to gain control again and this they did. Bulley again beat his marker and powered towards the line, pulling the ball back for West to burst into the box and send Hindringham in 2-1 up at the break.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 8 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 9 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 10 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat
Hindringham came out in the second half all guns blazing and blew Brandon away with three quick goals.
First was the goal of the game,as the ball was played through to Cameron, who laid in Bulley, and he beat his man before sending over a perfect cross for Forge to come across his man and fire home.
Soon it was 4-1, Bulley again the provider, getting badly fouled for a penalty, a challenge by the keeper which forced him to leave the field. Forge fired the penalty straight down the middle.
West scored the fifth with a trademark header from a Forge corner.
Brandon scored late on, but the damage had been done and Hidnringham ran out 5-2 winners, as Sayer made a tremendous one-handed save late on.
Hindringham are away to Holt on Saturday, kick-off 2.30pm, meet Con club 1pm.
Hindringham require a linesman for the season. Anyone interested should call Shane on 07591152747.