Hockey Colts bounce back
Yarmouth II 1, Dereham Colts 4After a disappointing first defeat of the season, the Colts bounced back playing a great style of hockey.After an understandably shaky first five minutes, Colts settled into their quick, passing game and never looked back.
Yarmouth II 1, Dereham Colts 4
After a disappointing first defeat of the season, the Colts bounced back playing a great style of hockey.
After an understandably shaky first five minutes, Colts settled into their quick, passing game and never looked back.
You may also want to watch:
The front line of Ellie Boyce, Hannah Dewing and Charlotte Reeve made great runs off the ball, took on defenders at speed and looked for each other in attacking positions.
Dereham soon opened the scoring when quick thinking from centre-mid Rachel Lavers saw an early free hit played to Reeve, who was free on the left wing. Reeve cut in towards the baseline, drawing the Yarmouth defence and keeper out of position before crossingfor Dewing to tap in.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 6 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 9 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 10 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
Dereham won numerous short corners which Helen Kiddle-Morris struck well. The second goal came from a variation on the short-corner routine where Kiddle-Morris directed the ball back to the injector, Reeve, who took a first-time sweep to find the back of the net.
The second half saw the Colts continue with the same game plan, and the third goal came from a variation of the same short-corner routine between Kiddle-Morris and Reeve.
The fourth goal came from more good work on the left by Alice Tarry in midfield and Ben Burgess player of the match Reeve on the wing. Their persistence and hard work saw the ball played across the crowded Yarmouth D to perfectly-positioned Lavers, who struck the ball sweetly through the keeper's legs.
Reeve returned to the style of play which made her one of the most successful Colts last season
Unfortunately for Dereham, they couldn't keep a clean sheet. A momentary lapse in concentration from the defence just minutes from the end saw two ex-Dereham players combine well together and get Yarmouth a consolation goal.
Squad: Ellie Boyce, Emily Crisp, Fran D'Sousa, Hannah Dewing, Helen Kiddle-Morris, Rachel Lavers, Heather Morgan (captain), Charlotte Reeve, Alice Tarry, Hannah Tarry, Zoe Taylor.