Hockey ladies aiming high
Dereham Ladies 4, Cambridge University 1DEREHAM Ladies got their hockey season off to a great start. They missed out by one win last campaign to gain promotion to the National League, and so have something to prove this time.
Dereham Ladies 4, Cambridge University 1
DEREHAM Ladies got their hockey season off to a great start. They missed out by one win last campaign to gain promotion to the National League, and so have something to prove this time.
They piled the pressure on with Evie Van Portvliet rounding the keeper, her shot hitting a defender's foot for a penalty stroke which she converted.
The Cambridge keeper kept them in the game until half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham lost a defender due to injury within the first five minutes but the defence was strong and Donna Causton and Chloe Hobson, fresh from England under-18 duties, kept the Cambridge forwards in check.
Georgie Edwards, in defence for the injured player, played with new flair having spent six months in Australia honing her skills and confidence.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 9 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 10 Fire crews battling large house blaze
Dereham gained another penalty which was converted by Van Portvliet. After numerous short corners Donna Causton converted, and late on Hannah Palmer scored from a rebound off the keeper's pads.