Hockey teams' mixed day
Dereham Ladies 2, Bromley 0Dereham performed as a team, and with goals from Hannah Palmer and Evie Gardner, backed by superb defending, they claimed another vital three points in the race for promotion to the National League from the East League Premier Division.
Dereham Ladies 2, Bromley 0
Dereham performed as a team, and with goals from Hannah Palmer and Evie Gardner, backed by superb defending, they claimed another vital three points in the race for promotion to the National League from the East League Premier Division.
Dereham created many chances and former international Gardner was at the centre of all of them. After a penetrating run by Gardner, who was fouled at the top of the D, Palmer pounced on the loose ball to score.
Dereham's defence was imperious with solid performance from centre back Chloe Hobson and goalkeeper Jess Perser.
Dereham put the game beyond reach with a superb individual goal from Gardner.
- 1 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 4 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 5 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 6 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 9 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
Blueharts 6, Dereham 4
Dereham Men never recovered from a disastrous start in the East League Premier A Division.
The hosts were three up inside six minutes and held that lead until the break. Blueharts moved 5-0 ahead with 10 minutes to play but then lost three players to the sin-bin and Dereham scored four quick goals through Mark Timm, Andy Lawrence and Laurie Hill (2) to set up a thrilling finale.
As Dereham pushed forward looking for what would have been an astonishing equaliser, Blueharts completed the scoring.