Home record goes at last
Dereham 3, Letchworth 5
HOCKEY: Having won their league last week, Dereham were unable to maintain their unbeaten home record when Letchworth visited Greenfields on Saturday.
Letchworth seemed more motivated and took an early lead through a penalty flick after Tom Vaughan had tripped a Letchworth forward.
This spurred Dereham on, and Will Edwards broke from the left to beat two defenders before laying the ball off perfectly for Richard Stainthorpe to finish past the out-coming keeper.
Dereham took the lead shortly afterwards when Sam Plater followed up his own short corner with a crisp, low strike.
Letchworth equalised when Dereham were unable to clear their lines, and the ball broke to the forward who smashed home a shot.
It was 3-2 just before half-time when a long ball was deflected into the bottom corner.
- 1 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Landmark nature project aims to rejuvenate river valley wildlife
- 6 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 7 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 10 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
Dereham started the second half strongly, but were unable to capitalise on their opportunities.
Eventually Mike Timm popped up to deflect a short corner past the keeper to draw the teams level.
Letchworth scored a fourth from a short corner, and as Dereham searched for another equaliser, Letchworth added to their tally.