Home record goes at last
Dereham 3, Letchworth 5
HOCKEY: Having won their league last week, Dereham were unable to maintain their unbeaten home record when Letchworth visited Greenfields on Saturday.
Letchworth seemed more motivated and took an early lead through a penalty flick after Tom Vaughan had tripped a Letchworth forward.
This spurred Dereham on, and Will Edwards broke from the left to beat two defenders before laying the ball off perfectly for Richard Stainthorpe to finish past the out-coming keeper.
Dereham took the lead shortly afterwards when Sam Plater followed up his own short corner with a crisp, low strike.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth equalised when Dereham were unable to clear their lines, and the ball broke to the forward who smashed home a shot.
It was 3-2 just before half-time when a long ball was deflected into the bottom corner.
- 1 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 4 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 9 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 10 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
Dereham started the second half strongly, but were unable to capitalise on their opportunities.
Eventually Mike Timm popped up to deflect a short corner past the keeper to draw the teams level.
Letchworth scored a fourth from a short corner, and as Dereham searched for another equaliser, Letchworth added to their tally.